Thread: New System installed, ??? about Digital Dist. Blocks

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New System installed, ??? about Digital Dist. Blocks

Hey all.

Well I finally got all of my new stuff installed and hooked up together. Man is it awesome! Here is a list for those interested:

-Eclipse AVN5435 nav with 3083 CD changer and Sirius
    -JL Audio XR570 speakers in the doors with a JL Audio 300/4 amp powering those
    -JL Audio stealthbox powered by JL Audio 500/1
    - 0ga for the main power wire and alternator-to-battery wire. I also upgraded the main lead on my grounding kit from the battery to the firewall with 0ga. 150amp circuit breaker for circuit protection. 4ga to the amps from the dist. blocks and 16ga to the speakers (8ga for the sub).
    -Amps and stuff are mounted in the rear storage compartment. That hump that is offset from the middle made for a tight fit on one of the amps but I managed. I also installed 120mm blue LED fans in each compartment door (one push, one pull).

This system really rocks. It was a lot of work (I installed myself) but was worth it. I have absolutely NO dimming, even with the truck off running on the battery, but that will drain the battery in about 20 minutes. I wont post pics unless any of you ask for them, since all i have at the moment is a camera phone.

SO on to my question. The distribution blocks I installed have a digital read-out on them but I cannot get the readout to come on. They have a small blue wire coming from the little electronics there, and I assumed this went to your power on signal, but that does not seem to work. Where is this wire supposed to hook up?

Thanks for the help.
    9" lower, MOTOBLUE Aux Idler upgrade, C&L upper plenum and Inlet pipe, JLP Ram Air, Accufab TB, 160 stat, LFP 58" tracbars, Hellwig rear sway, LFP intercooler, LFP E-Fan, FTVB, L&S oil separator, Bassani Cats and Cat-back, 1-2 drop, ARE bed cover, BedRug, SS rollpan, Dual pillar pod w/Autometer Ultra-Lites, Lightning tails, grounding kit, flame pinstripe delete, Hidden Hitch, Eclipse AVN5435, JL Audio, Viper 791XV

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they are on the power distro blocks then I would assume that it is to ground, dont take my word on that though. I know that the GUru himself is to chime in soon.

O Rob?

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That wire is a ground. I connected mine to the firewall where your first grounding kit wire woild connect. I dont know if you could have messed anything up connecting it backwards. Only one way to find out.

Glad you like the system man

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if you put 12v to it & it didn't come on, all you can do is try grounding it. Some LEDs will pop if hook up backwards... so if the damage is done,, no harm no foul in grounding it... the blocks didn't come with packaging or instructions?

As a general rule the lead is a ground.

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah no instructions. The digital readout is a novelty anyway since you can only see them with the middle popout removed.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ground the wire

Rob W

BRNG IT
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    100% its ground
    they get + voltage from terminal
    www.expertcaraudio.com