Thread: Tree sap removal

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tree sap removal

I live in an area with alot of trees and the sap that falls from them. Had alot of problems with my 01' and do not want to go through the same thing when the 03' gets here. Can anyone recommend the best products for removal of sap? Also, what to put on to prevent sap from sticking to the new paint.

Thanks
    NHTOC #11
    2003 HD 2Tone #4270

We are upping our standards....so up yours!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    to remove sap, its its not too much, some goo gone should take it off pretty easily , or some bug and tar remover, but that strips the wax and all.

if you have a whole lot, a clay bar will probably take alot of it off.

as for what to use for the best protection, my vote goes hands down to ZAINO www.zainobros.com is their site. seems overwhelming at 1st, but its really not that bad, and no where near as much work as it sounds.

before i'd have lots of trouble with bugs sticking on teh front of the truck, and sap on the hood, and waterspots like crazy, with the zaino, the bugs wash right off, sap doesn't really stick, and the quick detailer takes it right off, and no more water spots

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, I'll chck it out

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, Zaino rocks!!
    2005 Harley-Davidson Roadglide

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well Zaino it is for me but what should I get? I can't really afford it ALL!! What's their best product?

Thanks,
    Sean
    Last edited by sfoltz; 02-04-2003 at 09:59 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    chain saw works pretty good too !!!
    NHTOC #16
    2002 Harley-Davidson DSG #9455
    K&N, Flowmasters, Superchips micro tuner, Home Depot Ram air, Autometer boost gauge w/steering column pod, Boost bypass, Belltech 2" shackels, Hellwig rear sway bar,T-rex black billet grille, Black 8" billet antenna, ARE hard tonnaeu w/bedrug,
    HD floormats, Tinted windows, Colgan bra w/mirror covers,
    Class III hitch

2002 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide... Diamond Ice Pearl

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    well with zaino you dont' really want to skip some products, otherwise your results won't be as great, and you'd be better off just buying a cheaperr product.

For 120 bucks you can get just about the whole kit, plus everything else you need.
    here's what i recommend for a good detailing kit from zaino
    Z2 polish
    Z5 polish
    ZFX additave
    Z6 quick detailer
    Z7 car wash
    Z16 tire shine..AWSOME stuff!
    Z12 window polish
    Z18 claybar

then you'll also need to get from a store
    100% cotton made in usa!!! (not pakistan or anything) towells and cut the edges off cuz there is nylon thread there and it scratches
    and 100% cotton made in usa wash mitt!

If you want to get the absolute minimum from zaino, but still get a good shine and protection, i'd say this would be the min.
    Z5 (if your trucks black)
    Z2 and Z5 (if your truck is 2 tone)
    Z2 (if your truck is DSG)

then Z1 rather than zfx cuz its cheaper, just takes longer to do
    z6 quick detailer...all works together with the z system.

and you'll still need 100% made in usa towells (cannon and fieldcrest are good brands)
    and 100% cotton washmit
    and some good car wash soap (might as well get zaino) and NOT dawn dishwashing soap, that strips wax. and grease....use this before you start the Z process

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions for me, the zaino zealot :p

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Z this, Z that, I think I'm getting diZZy?!! Holycow!! I guess you can't go wrong if you get all of it!!

Thanks Harley#356 (The Zaino Zealot),
    Sean

Nicky Extreme
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Zaino is great stuff but some of their products can be substituted with equal drands. For instance the clay bar. I got the zaino one and when it was done but another one from autozone made by Mothers for almost half the price and worked just as well. Same thing as the tire dressing. Mothers detailers tire shine comes in a 2liter container fro 25 bucks and works the same as the zaino. But as far as the components for shinning the paint nothing beets the zaino.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For getting the sap off I have heard that even WD40 will do this.. Now of course like many have said above the clay bar will work but you will ruin that claybar fast in the process.. One good idea is to get as much off with the bug tar remover and such then do the treatment to the truck.. Now I have used Mcquires and Zaino in the past. Now I use Adam's polish.. All work well but from what I found it's how you put the time in to do it right.. So don't skimp on this stuff, do it right now and it will not cost you in the long run.. Just my thought..

Forever Uunorganized

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yes palumbon is right about the claybars. they are all the same and do the same thing. you can get a mothers claybar instead of the zaino and it won't make a difference. although, don't you only get 1 claybar with their system? not sure though. with the zaino you get 2 bars, pretty big ones too. plus its just convienent to order all from the same place

i disagree with the tire shine though. i've tried dozens (probably even an understatement there) of different brand of tireshines trying to find the best one out there. All the brands either turned brown, didnt' last, attracted dirt, spun off, too greasy and never came off, etc. etc.
    when i tried the zaino tireshine i was skeptical also, but wow! i was amazed with it. And not just saying that cuz i use most of their other products. i could care less who makes it as long as it does a good job. the z tire shine lasts, no spin off, no turning brown or attracting dirt, its amazing!
    one coat for low gloss, 2 for high gloss. 20 bucks for a 16 oz bottle, but i've had mine since september and i've got over 1/2 a bottle still, and thats with double coats every 1-2 weeks cuz i redo it everytime after i wash the truck.

awsome stuff!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How are Adam's Polishes? I say their ad. in the FTW magazine and checked out their website. I like the explanations they have. Has anyone else tried both and think that Adam's Polishes are as good as Zaino??

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    If you hear about that adams stuff from some other mag other than FTW mag, then let me know, or somebody raving about it on a non-ftw or EW site. Just seems to me like its more hype than its worth, but thats just my opinion. I've never heard about the stuff before, even at autopia website, before they became a ftw sponsor

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

BLWN HOG
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tree sap?

Well make sure it doesn't sit for more than a few days with it. You can use as already mentioned, regular bug and tar remover. Another thing that I discovered is mineral spirits, a form of mild paint thinner for the stubborn stuff. I ran over some paint and it worked real well in removing it, so the tree sap will be real easy.

Another alternative to Zaino is Klasse. Only two products(All-in-one mild polish, Sealant Glaze) and less steps to perform. It's kinda steep for it's price of about 15-20 per bottle. IMO well worth it and it really holds up well versus sprinkler spray and bugs.
    Last edited by chesterc; 02-21-2003 at 02:17 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by grayhd2
    chain saw works pretty good too !!!
    I guess everyone missed this comment. He may be on to something...

Click it ^