Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Diablo Flash Predator = Chip Burn For Pulley?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    $419 for a program that is made specific and another charge for extra programs is alittle pricey but if you dont want to change your chip it'll be worth it.

For the stock program that comes with my diablo delta that i have wouldnt work with my truck with the mods i have on it and with the #8 pulley im still waiting for i dont think it would be smart to run it on the stock setting. Thats why i told them to have the 2nd program very mild and the 3rd WILD!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    any closer to being available for the gas burners.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 1jt
    any closer to being available for the gas burners.
    We're getting there bud. I'm expecting something in approx. 4 to 8 weeks. I will definitely keep everyone updated to this!

Sincerely...

Boostin' Daily.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay, I am Relatively New to the Supercharged world here, but very familiar with tuning, especially on Turbo engines.

The reason I haven't modded my HD (yet) is because of warranty issues that arise when a chip is plugged into the PCM on the truck. I have been planning to get another PCM to keep my current virgin PCM away for dealer visits.

Now, this unit will give us all the benefits of a Chip, and then some, but will only plug into the diagnostic port under the dash?

So, in theory, there will be no trace of any computer-assisted modifications to the truck to void the warranty?

Do you need to leave it plugged in? Or just plug it in only to upload a new map?

Does the Diagnostic port have the same Gel, wax, whatever, that the ECM's do? - you know the one Ford gets all in a hussy about?

Sorry for what may seem silly questions, but we all started somewhere.

Thanks.
    NHOTC #23
    2002 Supercharged Harley Davidson Supercrew DSG - Fast Daily Driver.
    1985 Turbocharged RX-7 GSL-SE "Cosmo" 13B-RE - Much, Much, Faster Weekend Racer.
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT Convertible bone stock - Weekend Cruiser.
    1998 Sea-Doo GTX-Limited too many mods!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Directfreak
    Now, this unit will give us all the benefits of a Chip, and then some, but will only plug into the diagnostic port under the dash?

So, in theory, there will be no trace of any computer-assisted modifications to the truck to void the warranty?
    You got it! It is not noticeable, bud.

Do you need to leave it plugged in? Or just plug it in only to upload a new map?
    You just plug it in when you're wanting to tune, and you can also leave it plugged in, only if you choose, to work the Diagnostics portion of the unit. I would not recommend leaving it plugged in 24/7, though; just do what you need to do and unplug it when finished.

Does the Diagnostic port have the same Gel, wax, whatever, that the ECM's do? - you know the one Ford gets all in a hussy about?
    No, it does not have any gel, wax, whatever, or any form of tape over this port. This port is below the dash and is there for anyone to be able to access it. The is the same exact port that Ford would plug into to diagnose issues in your vehicle, and the same exact port that any device such as AutoTap, etc. uses. This port is also universal in terms of fitment amongst all OBD-2 equipped vehicles in the US.

I hope this helps you out, friend.

Sincerely...

Boostin' Daily.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the explanation. I will hold off on the chip, and unnecessary PCM until this rolls out. Seems like a good deal.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WOO HOO!!!

Put mer on a list of customers READY to PRE ORDER!!!

I'm In!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by HarleyDammitt
    WOO HOO!!!

Put mer on a list of customers READY to PRE ORDER!!!

I'm In!
    Hey bud, shoot me an email to sales@runninwiththedevil.com and I'll get you added to the list, friend.

Thank you so very much!

Sincerely...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by RWTD
    There is no firm date as to when they will be released, but I fully suspect by the end of April. The hardware is fully complete, though....
    Originally posted by RWTD
    ...We're getting there bud. I'm expecting something in approx. 4 to 8 weeks. I will definitely keep everyone updated to this!
    Ok, now you are starting to sound like a salesman. Which do you think it will be? Is it the nd of April, or 4 to 8 weeks?
    It sounds like a sweet item if it ever gets here.

Since You are directly involved with testing, give us some real world results. What are some examples of actual HP/TQ gains. What level of mods can it handle. Lets get more technical...

Click it ^

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay, here are some pictures I just took of the guts of the Predator. It's not available, yet, but I wanted to give everyone some views of the actual hardware. I will keep everyone updated to the latest information as I receive it directly from my confidant, and friend, at DiabloSport, the General Manager.

Check these out, the casing for the Fords is see-through:

And now for one of the coolest :

Last edited by RWTD; 04-15-2003 at 09:35 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You mention earlier that the lowest you can sell the programmer for is $419 If I can gave you a link where they are selling them for less will you meet that price? BTW $382.50 is the cheapest I've found.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 1jt
    You mention earlier that the lowest you can sell the programmer for is $419 If I can gave you a link where they are selling them for less will you meet that price? BTW $382.50 is the cheapest I've found.
    Show me the link and I will see what I can do. Please email it to me at sales@runninwiththedevil.com

Thank you!

Sincerely...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You have mail

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by EatonCharged
    i think im already on the waiting list but if not put me on RWTD
    serpentvector4wd@aol.com
    I have you on the waiting list bud. Anyone else who wants to be placed on the waiting list for future Predator products, and other DiabloSport products, even besides just the ones for the Harley, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience. I offer exhaust products and tuning equipment for both Ford and GM, and will continue to expand my lineup to help further the diversity for my current customers and future clients.

As one of DiabloSport's largest dealers, you can be rest assured that I am always giving the most complete and accurate information possible when it comes to representation of the product. I always promise to give the absolute best in service and support possible, by offering unparalled technical knowledge, and the best in return policies (you are never charged a restock fee, and you are always guaranteed a FULL refund, including shipping, on the product if you are not satisified with it within 30 days of receiving such).

I spend an enormous amount of time devoting myself to my customers and to 8 different websites on a daily basis, even on my vacations. I am a long standing respected supporting vendor on 10 sites, 3 of those that are the largest automotive sites on the net. They are LS1.com, CorvetteForum.com, Z06Vette.com, FullSizeChevy.com, GM-Diesel.com, TheDieselPage.com, TheDieselStop.com, NLOC.net, SVTPerformance.net and of course NHTOC.com. Contact to me is always open, even on the weekends, so please remember such.

Also, on a side note, since we DiabloSport dealers all abide by a code of honor and agreement, you will not see a lower advertised price than what I sell for, unless the MSRP is ever lowered. If you do happen to see a lower price, please either inform us respected legitimate dealers, and/or please send an email to general@diablosport.com and make them aware of the these rouge prices.

I hope everyone has an excellent upcoming weekend!

Very Sincerely...
    Last edited by RWTD; 04-19-2003 at 12:25 AM.

Supporting Vendor
    Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I made 1 post before..where did it go?
    We @ JLP will be offiering this unit for sale here shortly give us a call before you purchase 1. i'm sure you'll be pleased with our price..... JL
    J.L.P. Enhanced!
    k.B Blown

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast