Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo Flash Predator = Chip Burn For Pulley?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Diablo Flash Predator = Chip Burn For Pulley?

Does anyone know if the Diablo Predator would take care of the programming for a 6 or 8 # pulley mod?

Ready to add the muff, programmer and pulley!
    TonyLs HD
    2003 Black HD
    Built 2/3/2003
    http://www.fordtruckworld.com/showownerpic.asp?u=7575&n=225092&pos=1

Mods: Air box mod 2/03, Boost by pass mod 3/03, MagnaFlow exhaust 4/03, Superchips MicroTuner 5/03, Royal Purple 6/03

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'd like to know also.
    From what I've read timing can be adjusted 2 degrees +- and air/fuel can be adjusted 1.5 points both at WOT. My ? would that amount of adjustment be enough for the 6# or 8# pulley and are these the only parameters that need to be adjusted If a larger pulley is installed.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New info!

Talked with the guy who programs chips at www.MotorHaven.com. He says that the Diablo Sport Flash Predator will be worth the wait to get over the Superchips Microtuner. He does sell both models, but is more partial to the Diablo. The Diablo model allows one to truley tune the vehicle. For some like myself that do not want to tweak gear changes in 100 rpm increments, he can figure a program for you and have it ready to go when you receive it. Best of all worlds. Most importantly it allows you to tweak timing, fuel pressure and other things needed as you add other mods like pulleys for the supercharged trucks!

If any of this is incorrect, I'm only the messenger. I talked with the guy for about 15 minutes about specific differences.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    tony does it plug into the service port under the dash like the Hypertech III (I know) & micro tuner does (I think)??

Rob

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Supposedly. I'm going to try to talk with CajunCobra to get his input on his knowledge of these things.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello everyone, we'll be a sponsor a lil bit later today here (Moderators, I have already contacted Nan concerning this, and just awaiting the reply there on where to PayPal the money to), and I would appreciate all of you supporting your board sponsors, as we strive to bring you the best in products, pricing, and service.

We have a nice thread going on over on NLOC.net concerning the Predator. Here's the link:

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread...threadid=40998

Here's some direct quotes from the thread:

Originally posted by torqemonster
    No
    Yes it most certainly will be as good as a chip. Two things here:

1: There will be Predators that come with preset programs, and then there will be Predators that us tuning dealers can put our own custom files on. We can do anything and everything to the Predator's file just as we can on the chip's file.

2: You will want to choose a tuning dealer, not a dealer who just sells preset units.

Here is a complete list of what will be offered on the Predator for the end-user. Keep in mind the base tune is supplied by your tuning dealer, and all these adjustments are on top of it:

The DiabloSport Predator provides high performance flash tuning and OBD-II diagnostics capabilities in one module. Designed for the 99 to current Ford & GM vehicles. The Predator is a tunable performance module, which utilizes flash technology to reprogram the original ECU chip for optimum performance and drivability. The Predator gives the user ability to adjust selected parameters to suit their own applications and needs. The Predator also includes diagnostic features, such as the ability to read fault codes and erase them, as well as live data from your vehicle's sensors; this technology was also borrowed from our OBD-II tool, the Hellion.

Predator Features (most vehicles, please see Diesel section for information on those specific units):

- 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee!
    - Lifetime Warranty!
    - Screen Size is 300% larger than the competition (is also backlit for viewing at night)
    - Custom Files can be downloaded from internet which allows for future updates
    and customized programming (competition does not offer)
    - Quicker programming than the competition (takes approx. 2 min.)
    - OBD-II diagnostic software (includes live data monitoring of MPH, RPM, IAT, ECT, LTFT, STFT, O2 Voltage, Timing, KR detection, as well as many other sensors; for a complete listing please see my FAQ on www.runninwiththedevil.com/faq.htm ) (competition does not offer)
    - Revised Torque Reduction Settings for optimum performance
    - User adjustability. the user can set their own parameters. Choose from DiabloSport's performance program, have a custom performance program made for you by Runnin' With The Devil, and/or modify the performance program your own:

- Axle Ratio: Can adjust from a 2.xx up to a 6.xx in .01 increments.
    - Cooling Fans: Will adjust both ON and OFF in 1 degree increments up/down. (for those with factory equipped electric fans)
    - Power Enrichment (Fuel): Will adjust from -5% to +5% at WOT
    - Spark (Timing): Will adjust from from -10% to +10% at WOT
    - Shift Adaption (duration): Allows user to adjust the time delay during the gear change, i.e. quickness of the shift, from -25% up to +25%
    - Shift Points (MPH): Allows user to adjust at what MPH the shift should take place, for each individual gear, in 1 mph increments.
    - Shift Points (RPM): Allows user to adjust at what RPM the shift should take place, for each individual gear, in 10 rpm increments.
    - Shift Pressure: Allows user to adjust the firmness of the shift action, for each individual gear, from -25% up to +25%
    - Rev Limit: Allows user to adjust ON/OFF rev limits, for each individual gear, in 10 rpm increments.
    - Wheel Sizing:
    Factory Wheel Size: Enter the factory tire size in XXX/XX-XX format, i.e. 275/40-17
    Actual Wheel Size: Enter the actual tire size in XXX/XX-XX format, i.e. 305/35-18
    The Predator then calculates the difference in overall height for proper speedo calibration.

The units are complete, but the final revising and beta testing is currently ongoing. I do this everyday with DiabloSport, and have been beta testing and helping to build new files for the Predator project since early 2002, starting with the GM Predators. Being DiabloSport's largest single dealer, I am constantly communicating with each and every person directly at DiabloSport, on a daily basis, through instant messaging, phone, and email. I even communicate with the General Sales Manager and the Operations Coordinator on the weekends via their cellphones. What I'm getting at is that what I'm stating here is true, so if you get any conflicting information please note that it is not accurate.
    I think thats why you dont see many Superchip microtuners on these vehicles.
    You do not see many Microtuners on these vehicles because they offer hardly anything to the end-user versus a chip, plus they are not updateable via the internet either. Getting a custom tune on one proves to be highly difficult (show me one person with a fully customized tune on their Microtuner).

I have been building custom tunes for the GM crowd now every single day, and they have been installing them into their Predators via their computer through a serial cable, power adapter, and the Predator PC Interface program that I provide them with. Imagine the time and money that is saved by this method, versus sending a chip back and forth in just hoping that it works out alright the next go around.

The Predator gives the end-user the ability to change their timing and fuel trims to *safe* levels beyond what is on the unit from the factory, or from the tuning dealer. You need to realize that the end-user must take responsibility for his own actions, therefore we dealers can't assume liability for anything they do that they are fully warned about not doing beforehand.

The GM market has been using their own tuning software for years (LS1Edit), so telling people that they can't learn, or shouldn't attempt to learn self tuning is really not fair. Eventually products like the TwEECer will catch on more with the Ford market, so DiabloSport is taking the initiative now to offer a product that gives the end-user adjustability on top of what their experienced tuners can offer them in a base file. It took some time, but we have successfully infilitrated the GM market with a product that filled the void between the less desirable handheld tuners and the more costly "LS1Edit, Autotap, Laptop" option.

Anyhoo, I'm not attemping to argue or call foul here, but I just want people to realize what the Predator and myself will be able to offer them, without the fears and rumors that is instilled in some.
    Originally posted by SCC2000L
    I have a couple of questions.

I see timing can be adjusted at WOT. Is there anything that can be done to allow adjustments to the program to rid tip in pinging like many run into when it gets cold? That should be a timing issue but not at WOT.
    This will be a dealer adjustment, not an end-user adjustment. The end-user will only be able to adjust for power enrichment mode (WOT).

Can you make adjustments to octane level?
    Not the end-user, this will be a dealer adjustment in the base tune.

How many programs can this unit hold?
    The Diesel Predators hold 4, and the Gas units may eventually hold more than 1 file, but at this time only 1 at a time.

Regardless, the end-user is able to have more than 1 file on a floppy disk or on their PC's harddrive, and then they can swap the files back and forth from the unit at will.

How long does it take to flash the PCM?
    The Predator is the fastest handheld on the market, and it takes less approx. 2 minutes from start to finish.

Is there anything that has been done to keep one person with one of these units from flashing all of their buddies vehicles for free?
    Naturally ;)

Based on experience with GM Gas Predators, I would assume the unit will lock to VIN when the release revision is completed, but DiabloSport has not released any information concerning this yet on the Ford Gas units. I will respond accordingly when they do.

Assuming you take a pre fabricated tune file and download it to the diable unit then you make a bunch of changes, is there a way to save that program back to file for storage? For example if you put one program on the truck then changed to a different program and wanted to go back to the first program, do you have to remember all the changes you made or can you pull it from a saved file or what?
    Actually, yes, one can do a "Save Current Data", download it to their computer from their Predator via a Serial Cable and Power Adapter, and the Predator PC Interface program (that I supply).

BTW Sounds like a nice unit. If this thing is all it is supposed to be I might have to pick one up!

Thanks!
    This is an AWESOME unit, just ask any GM customer of mine. I've been selling these things since they came out with the GM owners, and building them custom tunes everyday (I have 7 to do today; damn Mondays! lol).
    If anyone has any questions concerning the Predator, or wishes to learn more about DiabloSport products in general, do not hesitate to ask them here, or contact us at your convenience. Our information is below in our signature.

Sincerely...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 2002GreyHD150
    tony does it plug into the service port under the dash like the Hypertech III (I know) & micro tuner does (I think)??
    Rob,

Yes, bud, it plugs directly into the diagnostics port under the dash.

If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask them!

Sincerely...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess he answered all the questions. One thing that i want that it may not offer is to switch programs on the fly so that i could go to a mild street driving to save on gas and switch to race mode when i'm driving.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by EatonCharged
    the predator is gonna be nice. especially for those of us who still want our warranty and want the power of a chip.
    You got it ;)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its not the track i want to use them on. Its when im on the street and its clear and someone wants to get crazy with me. Just flip the chip and leave them in the dust. I'm trying to find a 03 pcm so i can keep the stock one but my friend the sales person for ford said not to worry about a thing because he's got juice. If anything happended it would be take care of but then again he's a sales person. But i trust him, he's been sales person of the month for the past 6 months plus others. Sells about 22 cars a month!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You're the same "eatoncharged" over on the NLOC, right? Just wondering, that's all, bud

Originally posted by EatonCharged
    another thing ive been told is that we can store multiple programs on our computers. so in theory we could have 4 or 5 and use them all at the track.
    Yes, that is correct, but remember, there isn't going to be a free for all file system, where you pick and choose which file you want at will. Each file will be dependent about the VIN# and the Serial# of the Predator. I will offer the custom files for these units, and you will be able to request them through me, if they are needed. In all out honesty, if you have a correct tune, you're not going to need more than 1 or 2 anyways, as the unit does allow adjustments to the tune by the end-user, unless you need a nitrous file, etc.

The pricing will just vary, and the customer should not have to pay much, if anything, for a tune if the current tune that they have does not work. The fees will be judged by the indvidual's requests based on their modifications and needs. Something to note, if you buy a Predator, you are purchasing something that will, or should, work for your vehicle, so therefore if it doesn't work, then we will make you a new tune that does work. I will never leave my customers stranded after the sale.

You will receive them via email mainly, or those who do not have access to the internet (? lol) can get them on a disk. They will be tied to your VIN# and Predator's Serial #. You can send the unit back if you prefer, however.

Originally posted by HDsUpErCreWf150
    Its not the track i want to use them on. Its when im on the street and its clear and someone wants to get crazy with me. Just flip the chip and leave them in the dust.
    So you want to flip on the fly between a stock tune and a programmed tune? You can't do that, actually. Now, if you want to flip between say Tune 1 and Tune 2, then okay, that's available, but why wouldn't your everyday street tune be setup to leave your opposing force in the dust already? I'm not too aware of any tune that'll just be so much more powerful than an already maximized and safe performance tune already. Normally "race" only tunes include more timing and an even leaner fuel curve, so attempting to use something of the sorts on the street is quite dangerous.

I'm trying to find a 03 pcm so i can keep the stock one but my friend the sales person for ford said not to worry about a thing because he's got juice. If anything happended it would be take care of but then again he's a sales person. But i trust him, he's been sales person of the month for the past 6 months plus others. Sells about 22 cars a month!!!
    Remember, a major warranty claim, especially on an SVT vehicle and a Harley, Ford will involve a claims adjuster to assess the damage, and if they suspect foul play, regardless of how your dealer tries to help, Ford will void your warranty.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is there any tenitive pricing and is there an ETA? I also own two differant year HD's can I run differant programs on each truck w/ the same unit.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 1jt
    Is there any tenitive pricing and is there an ETA? I also own two differant year HD's can I run differant programs on each truck w/ the same unit.
    MSRP is $495, and the absolute lowest advertised price that they could be is $419 per DiabloSport Dealer Terms of Agreement. I sell the GM units for approx. $419, normally with free UPS Next Day Air shipping.

There is no firm date as to when they will be released, but I fully suspect by the end of April. The hardware is fully complete, though.

The unit will only tune 1 vehicle, and based on experience with GM Gas Predators, I would assume the unit will lock to VIN when the release revision is completed, but DiabloSport has not released any information concerning this yet on the Ford Gas units. I will respond accordingly when they do. It's best to assume this, and if it doesn't happen, then that will just be a pleasant surprise.

I hope this helps! Lemme know if you have any more questions.

Sincerely...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this sounds cool, are those prices with a custom
    tune or just the generic version????

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by trashguy
    this sounds cool, are those prices with a custom
    tune or just the generic version????
    The price you see comes with a tune that will work for the specific vehicle that it was intended for, just like a chip. If a customer requires a different file that requires us to do a lot of manipulation to the parameters in order for it to properly work in your vehicle, because of upgrades you do, then there would possibly be a charge, but at this time I can't fully state if and what those fees, if any, would be as this information has not been given by DiabloSport yet.

Sincerely...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast