Thread: Rookie question

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rookie question

I am sure this has been asked before but as you can tell I am new. I was looking at www.RPMoutlet.com option E kit. I was wondering if this is a good company to deal with and if this would be a good kit. I have about 4000.00 to spend and would like to get the best for my money. I have heard nothing but good about everyone that posts here from people around my area. Any and all help will be great! Thank You

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    4K =

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Rookie question

Originally posted by 03HD#9999
    I am sure this has been asked before but as you can tell I am new. I was looking at www.RPMoutlet.com option E kit. I was wondering if this is a good company to deal with and if this would be a good kit. I have about 4000.00 to spend and would like to get the best for my money. I have heard nothing but good about everyone that posts here from people around my area. Any and all help will be great! Thank You
    i purchased the E kit from rpmoutlet.com...i am very satisfied with it. everything in that kit is an easy install. I installed it all in about 4-5 hours. the only thing i didn't attempt to install myself were the spark plugs.

here are my numbers (before the e-fan): dyno results

Not knowing any better, i went ahead and got the STRAIGHT SHOT 95mm Mass-Air/Cold-Air in my package, but after further research, i found out that the 95mm Mass Air is not necessary. if i could re-order, i would have selected the AIRAID AIR DAM Air intake instead of the STRAIGHT SHOT 95mm Mass-Air/Cold-Air. the STRAIGHT SHOT 95mm Mass-Air/Cold-Air is nice tho and looks hella bling.
    I also selected the 8+ lb. Crank Pulley (10" lower pulley) but after reading some of the posts on here about the dangers of too much boost (without the proper tune), i chickened out and switched to the 9" (6 lb lower) pulley instead.
    one thing i will mention...it seems to be kind of a toss up whether or not the predator pulley tune that comes with the predator will work with your mods. i had much detonation with the pulley tune and could not figure out how to adjust it. So, i turned to James @ RWTD for a custom tune ($100 unlimited customer support). he is very helpful. he hooked me up with a custom tune, and truck runs awesome.
    after i ordered the E kit from rpmoutlet, i also ordered the borla cat back exhaust from rpmoutlet. i personally prefer the rear exit exhaust. the borla cat back sounds and looks awesome.
    after, lol, i laugh because this mod bug is hard to shake...but after i put on all that stuff, i ordered a FTVB from chickenears, and an e-fan from LFP.
    oh yeah, and if you decide to increase your boost, you will definitely want to put on an oil separator. there is much info on here bout oil separators. I did one myself. bought the parts from LOWES for bout $25-$30. works well.

i think that is all.
    have fun with that $4000. you can mod your truck a lot with 4K.