Thread: ati procharger or kenne bell?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ati procharger or kenne bell?

I was wondering if anyone could help me out on which one you would go with in my situation? I have an 01 hd and its almost paid for and I don't think I can talk the wife into a truck payment until I'm fully healed and back to work. But she will let me go this route. I have tried to find a complete new motor from ford but cant seem to locate any info.. Was looking for either a new hd motor, 03, or a lightning motor. I know that I have to do alot of things to supercharge my truck but even if I spend a few grand thats better than a payment... I like the looks of the kenne bell better, but not the one for my year. can I bolt on an 02 or 03 complete supercharger onto mine, including injectors and then install a bigger fuel pump. I figure I have about 5000 ducks to spend. any help would be greatly appreciated, Sorry if this is in wrong forum.

thanks Scott.;sfus

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Two things if your want to go with a supercharger go with the new 3core ati. they are running about 12psi of boost. Now if you can wait a couple of months a new turbo system is being released by trixters running between 5 and 6psi of boost and 400 hp to the rear wheels. If you want to built the motor you can acheive up to 900 hp with this setup

http://www.trixtersracing.com/intro.htm

Talk with Derek aka Crash.

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally I would go with the L motor.
    You can build it up fairly cheap.. even get used parts from people upgrading to a KB. Having been supercharging my rides for a number of years (using Paxton and Vortech mainly), I strongly feel that the Eaton/KB style is conducive to the power band in a truck... meaning gobs of low end torque and instant boost needed to get a big heavy vehicle moving.

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    procharger=

1 The tune you need with a kb is very time consuming

2.. Hope you get a good kb

3. You get an aftercooling effect of hot oil on you r motor after 17psi

4..The fix for the pressurized oil effect is a plastic bottle that doesn't spray as much oil around.

Not neccessarily trying to bash the kb just a FEW observations after installing/tuning a couple.
    Kris Starnes Racing