Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Stealth Box Group Buy: attmepting to try again

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NEW thread started here:
    http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...650#post153650

Please do not post here anymore so we can concentrate on the NEW thread above. Thanks & Good Luck!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi guys any chance sending one to the Uk for me

:BF:

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    robert mccabe
    20050 nw 5th st pembroke pines florida 33029
    954-445-2118
    blazinfor610@bellsouth.net
    not old enought yet. but a 12 pack

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2002 not 2004 i have no idea why i put that 2002 harley sorry

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by kromdom
    NEW thread started here:
    http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...650#post153650

Please do not post here anymore so we can concentrate on the NEW thread above. Thanks & Good Luck!!
    Just trying to keep things in one place guys^^^^^^

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question

Originally posted by 01Harley
    OK Guys looks like there may not be many people interested, But I'm sure this guy will give you this price if you call and tell him that your part of the Harley Club. Let me know how he reacts, I want to get mine so I'm calling him today...His name is Charlie and he is at 713-473-6863

TJ
    Did anyone call or deal with this "Charlie" ??

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I tried several times & he obviously didn't care about having 15 confirmed purchasers waiting for his contact. I gave him 4 batches of 4-7 people that were commited to buy & he did nothing.

Welcome to the group. unfortunately this particular Group Buy is cursed. It has been attempted 4 times with different vendors & has failed miserably every time.

Contact your local JL dealer & see what they can do for you. Full retail is $550, I got mine locally (st. louis) for $450 delivered to the dealer with full warranty. So if you shop a little you can get a good price & still get the warranty.

Rob w

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 2002GreyHD150
    I tried several times & he obviously didn't care about having 15 confirmed purchasers waiting for his contact. I gave him 4 batches of 4-7 people that were commited to buy & he did nothing.

Welcome to the group. unfortunately this particular Group Buy is cursed. It has been attempted 4 times with different vendors & has failed miserably every time.

Contact your local JL dealer & see what they can do for you. Full retail is $550, I got mine locally (st. louis) for $450 delivered to the dealer with full warranty. So if you shop a little you can get a good price & still get the warranty.

Rob w
    I am in the middle of trying to recover my money from this guy.. I have filed a claim with the BBB and my credit card company. It has been 2 months of nothing but excuses and run-around from this guy. He claims to have his own shop now and to a JL Audio authorized dealer.. but JL Audio has never heard of him or his shop and is very upset.

I wanted to warn everyone that may be pursuing this and I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences as mine.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WOW!!! Glad it didn't pan through & no one gave him any $$... thanks for the heads up...

Let us know if we can help!

Rob W

Phat Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Those of you who may not be familiar with the stealth box, I've heard a few of them and for the money, they really don't sound that great. By the time you spend that amount of money on the box and then add an amp, you have a pretty good chunk of change in a system that doesn't give you much in return. I built a custom box and put in a JL12W7, powered it with a 1000watt JL Audio amp, and it REALLY makes a statement. I added a few Harley emblems to the enclosure that is already black leather and brushed aluminum and the thing looks like it's supposed to be there. Check out my gallery.
    Anyway, no offence to those who have one, but for my money, I don't like the stealth box. Just take the stock console out, save it for later, and do it right.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dan, the answer is "DEPENDS ON THE LISTENER"

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...&threadid=7667

right from the first page:

Will I like the stealthbox for my kind of music?

Answer is depends on your music style first & foremost. Second it depends on the amplifier you choose. But the short answer is:

If you listen to hardcore Rap/Dance/Hip Hop/Trance/Electronica then the Stealth will leave you wanting more. No matter how much power you put to it... it wont satisfy you.

Saying that the JL12w7 & a 1000/1 is a statement over the Stealth is like saying a Ferrari Enzo is a statement over a Vega or a Corvair... that's just not even in the same ball park. Your combination is twice (minimum) the investment & should give twice the performance. I am not jumping you by any means. Your comments are totally accurate. But they are misleading. I can personally give you 3 '02-'03 stealth box installs that will amaze anyone's listneing taste. But for the Rap/Dance/Electronica/Techno junkies & those Metal heads who are more about ear-bleed volume not accuracy, the steath is not $450 well spent. its all about application.

I will also say that over 75% of the stealth boxes I have heard in all types of cars didn't sound as they should becuase people do not use enough amplifier. The shops sell Stealth boxes as a "package" & to get a "package price" that is appealing, they chinz on the amplifier (like medium size Kenwood's & Sony & such) & that just aint cuttin it. My 2001 Mountaineer hit 135db with a single 10" Stealth. You all know me spl means nothing to me, but it is a reference point many understand. Silver03 (Elliot) his truck is hands down one of the best sounding Stealth installs I have ever heard & it rivals systems with 2-3 times the cones & power. But its also set up for the music he listens to the levels he likes to listen.

Bottom Line, the stealth is for a listener who wants accurate, impressive, in the cab bas response. Broadcasting to th block is not important. This listener wants a sub-system who's dynamics match the rest of the their system not overpower it. so to each his/her own.

You box is amazing Nice work.

Rob W

Phat Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First, again let me say that I certainly do not want to offend anyone that is happy with the stealth box. What I will DEFINETELY agree with is that you CANNOT go cheap on the amp. Shop around and ask questions. Be very careful going by the wattage of some amps, the manufacturer sometimes promises "500 watts" but can only deliver that power at 14 volts and only for a fraction of a second. It gets confusing real fast so try and find a reputable shop you can trust.

Second, just because I've gone to a more powerful amp and pro subwoofer doesn't mean that I'm "more about ear-bleed volume not accuracy". I actually have considerable time and money invested in my mids and highs, and have my system tuned by computer to give show quality accuracy that you simply cannot achieve with just the stealthbox and a mid quality amp.

What we are both saying here, I think, is that those people out there who are thinking about purchasing a stereo system for their truck (stealth or other) will definetely be MUCH happier if they install just that, a SYSTEM. Our stock speakers are ok but will not be able to handle much power. And you said it " don't skimp on the amp".

Listen to other trucks and tune your system to your kind of music (and budget).

For me, I will take the Ferrari Enzo over a Vega or a Corvair...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dan, I wasn't categorizing you in the ear-=bleed group, sorry for the missunderstanding on that one...

& everything else... exactly right... each owner must trust their own ears

Rob W

Coolest Member of NHTOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the kind words Rob! I have a JL 500/1 amp pushing the sub just in case anyone was wondering. This is true about the bass not "carrying" , its not going to with the SB. I have been there done that with systems in the past and not that I don't love that, (once a bass head always a bass head) but in this truck I just wanted something that sounded good and got the job done. I couldn't be more pleased with the stealth box, it was exactly what I needed in this application. I do think if you build a custom box and use a high end sub and a big balls out amp, you are going to spend WAY more than I spent on a SB and the amp I bought. If you shop around, you can probably buy the box and 500/1 JL amp for less than $1,000.
    '03 Two-Tone #00664
    Born on 11/25/2002
    395 RWHP 493 RWTQ

Phat Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You did it right!

Great amp for that application.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10