Thread: flip kit in rear or shackles and leafs?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

flip kit in rear or shackles and leafs?

right now i have belltech leafs and 1" shackles on the rear of the truck with 3" springs up front. i want to go just a tad lower so im getting rid of the isos in the front which should get me about another 3/4" in front. im debating which will yeild the better ride, the flip kit or a different set of shackles in the rear. the belltech leafs just seam so weak in the rear that i might switch back to the stock leafs so i can actually put stuff in the bed. and yes i am going to c-notch because i hit on everything as it is now. thanks for the advice

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    personally I'd stick with the leaf & shackle combo. all depends on what you want ride stiffness wise though. you're saying the belltech leafs are pretty soft? I thought tim skelton posted the spring rate on them and they were even higher than the hotchkis leafs

anyway, either set the shackles on the 2" setting, or pickup a set of 2-3-4" JLP shackles and get that added bit. I'd say drop leafs and the JLP shackles would net the same amount of drop as a stock shackle and flip kit, if not a bit more.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    94slowbra,How many inches are you getting in the back with current set up?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i would like the ride to be alittle more stiff. it is just a little to bouncy in the back and i had about a 300 lb enigine in the back the other day and it hit on everything.
    blackjewl: in the back right now from fender to center of wheel is between 15 1/4" and 15 1/2". id like to be around 14 1/2 "
    what c-notch is the best? i read that the western chassis piece is good

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Ruslow's is by far the beefiest c-notch available. Probably the route I may go when I finally get around to doing one.