Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sig question

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sig question

Why doesn't my sig appear on my posts.......
    NHTOC #16
    2002 Harley-Davidson DSG #9455
    K&N, Flowmasters, Superchips micro tuner, Home Depot Ram air, Autometer boost gauge w/steering column pod, Boost bypass, Belltech 2" shackels, Hellwig rear sway bar,T-rex black billet grille, Black 8" billet antenna, ARE hard tonnaeu w/bedrug,
    HD floormats, Tinted windows, Colgan bra w/mirror covers,
    Class III hitch

2002 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide... Diamond Ice Pearl

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it appears here.... but not when I reply in the other forum !

Still Around...
    Name: Ron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Because if you reply to a message and type in the bottom of the page where it say's your reply: It won't show your signature,You have to click on button to the right on the bottom of the page where it say's post reply.that sounds like that's the problem

Click Signature Pic For Gallery...

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hi grayhd2,

The first time you post in a thread, "add signature" box is automatically checked. Any later posts in the same thread, automatically "un-checks" the "add signature" box. This is to keep down the number of signatures in a thread, and helps those that are on dial-up. If you want you signature on a post, check the box.

Thanks,

...Dwight...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What about limiting the size of the sig too Dwight? I'm not trying to beat on anyone, but I have seen some really large sigs on other sites. Is there any way to limit the size to prevent this?
    I think the one I am using now, is almost too big....

Click it ^

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by N2TRUX
    What about limiting the size of the sig too Dwight? I'm not trying to beat on anyone, but I have seen some really large sigs on other sites. Is there any way to limit the size to prevent this?
    I think the one I am using now, is almost too big....
    Let me know if mine is go large as well.. I know I'm not a fan of big sigs.. I do believe there is a way to limit the amount of text in a sig, as well as links and pics.. I would rather see my Dog in an aviator, but htat is just me..
    Last edited by Mumbly; 02-05-2003 at 08:26 AM.

Forever Uunorganized

Nicky Extreme
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think we should just make it a manners thing that everyone uses thumbnail sigs. And if you want to show a picture of something to do with you truck just make it a thread.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Mumbly
    Let me know if mine is to large as well.. I know I'm not a fan of big sigs.. I do believe there is a way to limit the amount of text in a sig, as well as links and pics.. I would rather see my Dog in an aviator, but htat is just me..
    I think after we hit 250 on our post count, we get to use a custom avatar in our sig. Right now the feature is not available at all. I would rather have my sig pic in my avatar too.
    Like I said, I'm not trying to beat on anyone here. I won't say who they are, or what they drive, but they aren't HD owners.

I think the idea of limitimg our sig to one post per thread will make a big difference in load time, if everyone supports that...

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by N2TRUX

I think the idea of limitimg our sig to one post per thread will make a big difference in load time, if everyone supports that...
    That is a good Idea, have done that on other boards.. Will try to abide by that myself..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the info....... let me know if my sig is too big !!!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yup, one sig post per thread is a good idea. i do that at online, only post my sig once per thread since i post so much :p

haven't even made one here yet.

i dont like it when sigs are so small you can barely tell what the truck is, like at ftw the pic is sooo tiny, one of my only complaints about that site, but i like how it automatically takes you to their gallery. maybe an option here eventually?
    anyway, and some sigs are so big you have to scroll across sideways to view it all. At online i've been making my sigs no wider than 500 pixels, and its the width of the posting section.

i think we should still be able to have sigs and not too radical of a limit on pic size (within reason) because if smaller sigs are still slowing people down, i'm sure there's an option here like at online where you can turn off everybody elses sigs. ;)

check that out! my 100th post! where's that dancing banana when i need it? :p

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is an excellant point, here at the end of this thread. Maybe should be a new thread because I almost missed it. I agree with everyone else, one post per thread, even though I'm guilty of not doing that.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 503Blackjack
    I agree with everyone else, one post per thread, even though I'm guilty of not doing that.
    Hey Blackjack, take a look at the thread again. I think you missed what we were saying. We weren't suggesting limit you "posts" to one per thread. We were saying that you should limit your "sig" to one per thread.
    n a good thread, most of will post quit often, and that's cool. What we are trying to do is keep the load time down a bit by not having repeat sigs, or pics in the same thread.

It's just conversation though. People are going to do what they want, and that all cool too...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got it!

Still Around...
    Name: Ron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with everyone else, one post per thread(from now on....LOL)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast