Thread: Cajun.. curious ?'s about Predators

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cajun.. curious ?'s about Predators

Ok lets play a "what if game" for a second.

1.) a guy buys & installs the base program in a Predator into his '02 HD

2.) Decides to sell the truck & thus the stock program is reloaded & Predator is offered for sale

3.) New guy wants to buy it. & to make the question simple buys all the mods from Guy #1 so the tune is assumed to be perfect..

Does the Predator register VIN like the Hypertech? Is the Predator useable right out of the box? Does it need "reflashed" or reprogramed to clear any VIN/original truck info? How much code does the Predaotr store about the run-cycle of the original truck?

Thnaks... not actually thinking for myself but I am fascinated with the whole thing.

Rob W.

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm sure Danny will respond to this when he gets a second, but to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge....

The Predator is only VIN locked to the vehicle until the vehicles original tune is re-loaded back into the vehicle. I don't belive the Predator will retain any info on the original vehicle once it has been used to program the next vehicle. Perhaps during that time period between vehicle 1 and vehicle 2, someone could use a DC converter and plug it in at home to view the info that was on there from the previous vehicle, but that I'm not sure about.

The Predator should be useable right out of the box, not only for the first vehicle, but any future vehicles as well (assuming the original tune is always replaced into the vehicle before putting it on the next one).
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If it is a Custom Tune, it will not work in his truck. Reason being, the custom tune is done with the inclussion of your pats. That is the reason the Predator must read your ecu and then you send the reading to DiabloSport. They build a tune compatable with your PATS. If it is simply an "off the shelf" predator, with no custom tune, it will work in his truck.Hope this answers your question.
    DT
    MSN Messenger name SNKBITU

Danny aka Cajun -- " STOCK" Harley Number 8327...Did I say "STOCK"

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    perfecty thanks!

So that leads to the next question... what exactly is the Predator tune "off the shelf?" I mean is it similar in idea/design to a Microtuner or Hypertech? a Rough performance guess?

Last ?? how many Predators are sold as "off the shlef" versus "custom tune?"

Thanks again

Rob W.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All "off the shelf" tunes will be similar. DiabloSports seems to be a bit better than Superchips. It has better shifting characteristics and makes about 2 hp more on the dyno. Probably 95% of the Predators have no "Custom" tune in them, not needed in most cases.
    DT

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cajun: i bought a truck with a diablo chip, could i use the predator and reprogram the computer back to stock or would i have to buy a new ecu? this would be for warranty reasons...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You would have to purchase a new ecu and have it programmed for your truck. The tech will see the coating removed from your ecu and void your engine warranty.