Thread: intake

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

intake

I am wondering if i am going to be okay and safe with this set up i have the new rem long carbon fiber intake tube with the filter kit, 8lb crank pulley, predator tuner, boost bypass, no cats, factory tech shift kit with the 4x4 pan & filter and oil seperator it is all on its way right now and i dont want to be to lean and i am wondering if i need to get my predator a custom tune but i am not shur just wondering what every one else thinks.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Only a dyno with A/F readings will say for sure...If I'm not mistaken the Predator Pulley tune is really only for 4-6 pound pulleys, so don't screw around....get that thing dyno'ed right away.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    a lot of people blowin engine with the 8lber so i would say if youre sticking with the 8, screw the predator... get a good dyno tune to be sure!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    from what i understand The predator is good for up to 12-14 pounds of boost and thats what ill be running (14) so i dont know for shur i am for damn shur going to get a dyno but i just didnt know if i would be pushing the edge i think i am going to have to rich the predator all the way out to be the safest i would rather be way rich than anywhere lean plus in safer right?????????

Other than that i might have to get a custom tune i just want it to be very reliable.

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Like everyone else said, best bet is to get it on the dyno and see what your A/F numbers are. I'm in a similar boat as you, but with a Kenne Bell pushing about 12-13 lbs. I haven't had a chance to get it on the dyno yet, but in the mean time I've been taking it easy on the truck and I also richened the Predator tune the full 10%. Be careful that you change that parameter toward richer and pay no attention to the + and - symbols as they can confuse some people.
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    is the - symbol the way to rich the predator and not +

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was also wondering what is a very safe air fuel ratio

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    safe A/F ratios are in the 11s... 12 is where is starts to get a little bit lean, i would say stick with 11.5 or less.