Thread: 3rd rear seat install: HOW TO w/ pix!!

Hybrid View

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the 01-02-03 rear seats are the same phsyically, but have different leathers. 01's are all black with black centers horozontaly stiched, the 02's are black with gray perforated centers horozontally stitched, and the 03's are black with silver centers vertically stiched.

Name: asdfasfasdf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for posting your install. I just picked up an 02 3rd seat for mine last night. I need to get the belt and the small plastic mount covers but thats no big deal (not available from ford anymore BTW). Tonight I came home, popped the console out, used a spot weld drill bit and off came the bracket. Too bad those pre-drilled holes didnt land right where we need them eh? Ill be cutting the bar in the seat tonight then trial fitting it tomorrow! I have a 3rd kid arriving june 1st so just in time.

Name: asdfasfasdf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can add that the seat doesnt need to be taken apart to remove the bar. Simply grab the two end brackets and pull apart about an inch and the bar simply falls out. I can now cut it and put it back in. The seat should be in tomorrow.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I can add that the seat doesnt need to be taken apart to remove the bar. Simply grab the two end brackets and pull apart about an inch and the bar simply falls out. I can now cut it and put it back in. The seat should be in tomorrow.
    Glad this sticky was of some help to you. I believe the procedure you describe above is the same as STEP 4 of this HOW TO