Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Suspension drop reference

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ford racing M-3000-L (it is a ground force kit BTW) Says 1.18 inches drop on all 4 corners for Lightning. coils and shackles.

2000 HD F150

17-1/4 Front
    18-1/4 rear.

No fender flares on the 2000.

SoCal Bad *** Harley F150
    Name: Angel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How's the ride?

So how does it ride?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlp
    Here's a new one...Belltech 2" Spindles with Belltech springs= 13.5"
    A full 4" lower than stock. Just did it a few minutes ago. It was easy-about 30 minutes per side with no power tools. Now I have to figure out something for tires because mine are touching just sitting there straight.

Recap:
    Stock was 17.5" front/20" rear
    Shackles was 17.5"/ 18.25" rear
    Belltech "3/4" which is front springs with hangers/shackles in back 15.75" front/15.5" rear
    Belltech spindles/springs with Western flip kit 13.5" front/13.25" back --almost a 4/7 drop *requires new tires.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drop

I was only able to drive it about 20 miles with the Belltech spindles and springs on. I had to run a 255/35/20 in the front, which looked retarded. It rode fine--pretty much the same as stock in the front. With the flip kit in the back, you have to be careful. It bottomed out fairly easily since I only had about 1" or upward travel.

I switched back to just the spindles, which did require an alignment, but yields an identical to stock ride, with a 2" drop.

The spindle/spring combo I would only recommend for the '00-'01 Harley's that don't have fender flares.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

need help

I have a stock 2000 Harley that I want to lower, but do not want to alter the ride - if that is possible. I think drop spindles are the way to go. I would like a kit to do both the front and rear. I am confused as to what manufacter to use. Can anyone help?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is always a trade off, but you can do the spindles in the front with a drop shackle in the rear. The "ride" will be the same, but you will of course be more prone to bottoming out in the rear (front is the same as stock). You will still have the stock rake also, if you like that. I found with just shackles, I could still hit pretty big bumps without bottoming.

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For the front spindles, there is only one player (finally after 7 years) Belltech. I have a set that may go on in place of the POS A-Arms, sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Name: Jason

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have the belltech spindles in front with 265/35/22 tires, you guys think I can get one more inch lower and it not rub or bottom out? If so, how would I do it, springs, cut factories, ????

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you have a 00-01? or a 02-03?

if its a 02-03, even with that shorter tire, you may get some rubbing. if its a 00-01 without fender flares though, you should be able to get another inch fine. i'm at 3" up front and even with bigger 295/45 tires it still clears pretty good

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you want to get into surgery you could ad some drop blocks and raise the uppers, however this will open a new can of worms, in doing so you can lay frame if you so wish.
    Doing this you will have other front suspension components to contend with and other clearance issues as well.
    Here is a link to a good site for this type of chop & drop goodies..
    http://www.streetsourcemag.com/forum/

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have a 2001 without the flairs, but was thinking it might rub a little if I did? What you guys think? Are the SVT springs lower than the factory HD springs?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I alreday have the SVT springs and belltech spindles.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the SVT stickers were on my stock springs, so the only drop is from your spindles.

you could remove the insulator and get another 1/2" or so. will of course need an alignment once you get the suspension set to the height you want though

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know this is old but I absolutely can not figure out where my suspension stands I currently sit at 17" in the front and 19" in the rear. From what I can tell on here this isn't stock. I want to bring the back down and can not figure out if I need 2" or 3" shackles.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

bottoming out on rear axle dont know why help!!!!!!!

I recently lowered my 03 harley with the bell tech kit 2" front and 3" rear sits about 1" lower in the rear even with moving down the leaf to hole number 2 should I put the stock shackle back in so it doesnt bottom out or what should I do truck looks good but cant stand the loud bang when bottoms out please help

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast