Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Suspension drop reference

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    What did you do to get the rear lowered 3"? Sounds like it was dropped more, but did you do leafs & shackles? Or hangers and shackles?

Did you cut the stock bumpstops down?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got the front springs and the rear shackle hanger kit from bell tech and I also repalced the bump stops with the lowered bump stops but still seems to bottom out dont know why left the stock leaf springs

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Shackles & hangers on the max settings is a 4" rear drop, and that is c-notch territory. How long are the bumpstops? You can cut them so they're just longer than that lip on the frame rail and you'll be fine and create a bit more clearance.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sweat thanks for the help really appreciate it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know this is an older post but I am confused on what stock height is on a 2002 Harley. I just bought this truck and it has been lowered with drop springs in the front and shackles and possibly a drop spring in the rear. it is 15inches in the front and and 16.5 in the rear. I want to raise it up in the front it is too low and rides rough. thanks

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Says in the 1st post...

*EDIT:* The current base line measurements for 02-03 trucks (fender flairs) is 18" Front/20" rear.

Sounds like you've got 3" drop up front and 3.5" drop in the rear....although I'd have a tendency to say odds are its only a 2" drop up front.

Snap some pics of the suspension components for us and we can ID them

Name: Carlos

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Speedin Bob how are those QA-1 shocks working out for you? I am planning to go with those . I am having problems with the tires wasting on the inside. I have belltechs on mine right now. but I think I bought them too short. well I am thinking to go with something more like the original size the truck comes with hopefully that helps ...

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dickinsontxhd View Post
    Hey Speedin Bob how are those QA-1 shocks working out for you? I am planning to go with those . I am having problems with the tires wasting on the inside. I have belltechs on mine right now. but I think I bought them too short. well I am thinking to go with something more like the original size the truck comes with hopefully that helps ...
    The tire wear on the inside is likely your toe or camber, and not your shocks. Get an alignment.

From the reading I have done here the QA-1 on our trucks aren't very good in the long term. Search QA-1 and read lots!! Save yourself the headache and get some Bilstiens-I know I love mine and I'm pretty sure that everyone else that have them love them as well.

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ^+100000

shocks will NOT fix your tire wear issue whatsoever. You need an alignment. And if you're lowered too far where you can't align it in spec, you need to change some hardware so you can keep the stance but get the alignment.

the belltech shocks are garbage though, so an upgrade is worth it for the ride/handling aspect, but QA1s are not the shock to go with for DD use. If you drag race your truck they're great, if you're street only or 90% street, they arent' worth it, they won't last. Go with a set of bilsteins.

Name: Dale

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    I got 3" shackles for the rear. I'm hoping this will level my truck cause it is making me crazy.

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Bilsteins for a dd. They are a great ride.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegashdf150 View Post
    IF YOU HAVE A 03 TRUCK YOU NEED 3 INCH SHACKLES TO LEVEL.......2 inches does not work
    Last edited by SoCal Waite; 08-27-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5