Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why did the HD 150 years get Lumped all together again?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why did the HD 150 years get Lumped all together again?

I, for one, don't care to read every single post about the 2002 and 2003 supercharged trucks. I own a 2000 and I bought it to enjoy and tow my motorcycle trailer. I have no desire to "race" this 4000" plus truck just to use it and enjoy it. I have no desire to read every post about all the super charged stuff, how fast these 4000" trucks are and all the hop up mods for them.

Can't we just have a forum for us 2000/2001 HD F150's so we can read about what we want to post and not have to wade through 75 posts about hopping up these 4000# trucks.
    2000 HD F150, 1998 FXDWG, 2003 Road King Classic and 2004 Z06 vette

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well actually we did have two seperate forums a couple of days ago. Appearently they were just merged. Most of the 00-01 owners were complaining that their section was to slow. If you read some of the posts you will see what I mean.

I agree with you, but from the opposite perspective. Since I am an 02 owner, the engine mods are what keep me coming back for more info. I tend to ignore posts about towing capacity and bug sheilds.

I wouldn't get to frustrated about it. One thing I have noticed in the small amount of time the site has been up is a lot of change. The administrators are very much in tune with what the members want, and are making changes all the time. My guess is, if the 00-01 owners group grows, they will have their own section again.

Until then, welcome to the site, and enjoy the fact that you have a site specific to the Harley truck...

Click it ^

Jus' Cruisin'
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think having the years together is fine..... if it is used as a general info type of heading and the "hop up chip, pulley, etc." is put in the "Times and Modifications" section.

To the moderators...Please move posts into the proper sections early on with this new board and I think that the 2000-2003 section won't get "bogged down" with performance enhancer questions and info.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rumor has it that the reason they merged the two sites is cause Josh wouldn't stay out of the 02 03 truck site! j/k

On the serious side, welcome to the site and to the board....if you own a Harley-Davidson F150 then this club is for you. It's one club for one truck...WELCOME!

My own experience....I'm relatively new to the Harley F150 (about four or five months) truck and I don't know a heck of a lot about all these mods or the sound equipment or some of the other mods that I may or may not be interested in.....I just don't read those threads. It's America and we have that freedom and that's what makes it all so special. Again, welcome to the National Harley Truck Owners Club.....be sure to register for the club and wear your number proudly.
    NHTOC #4

Nicky Extreme
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I too am a '00 owner and never plan on chipping and pilleying my truck. I still read those threads though just for general interest in the truck line and the possibilities that are out there if I ever get one with the supercharge. By must of the titles you can tell what the thread is about and if you are not interested don't read it, simply.
    I did like having the '00-'01 section but he problem was the site was very slow so I found my self in the '02-'03 most of the time.
    Anyways this site is for all of us so have fun and enjoy your truck.
    NHTOC #9

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yup, it was because the 00-01 HD owners aren't very active members, there are alot more 02-03 owners and i'd say we are outnumbered at least 10:1.
    its not a bad thing though, because practically everything that deals with the 00-01 trucks deals with the 02-03 and vice-versa.
    they aren't different trucks or different generations....they are the same basic truck, with slight changes over the years.
    interior, exterior, suspension, only major difference being the s/c on the 02-03's, and you can usually tell those posts just by their title's.

It would make more double posts to have separate forums, because some people only read one board or the other, so guys will post info on both boards so everybody see's it, and it just takes up space. one central board for HD trucks makes the most sense IMO cuz most of the things dealing with the trucks are the same basically.

There's a chance though that the single HD board might get split up into like a main HDf150 section, with sub forums like audio, general care, performance, and general HD discussion/appearance mods, etc.
    what do you guys think about that? any other suggestions?
    that way it would probably make it easier to search for audio mods for instance, if there was a section specifically for it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great idea.....then it will be easier for us new guys to go back and find something that I know I read a week ago, or so. I can go right to the specific section, then thread.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Harley#356

There's a chance though that the single HD board might get split up into like a main HDf150 section, with sub forums like audio, general care, performance, and general HD discussion/appearance mods, etc.what do you guys think about that?
    I think that would be the way to go. One general topic section for all year HD's, and specific sections for appearance, performance, stereo/electronics, etc...

Nicky Extreme
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And you ask for it, and we got it. More new sections.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by palumbon
    And you ask for it, and we got it. More new sections.
    Yeah, I think we are physic or something. Is this place cool or what. We just think up neat changes, post them, and the magically appear.

OK, lets put this to a test. I'm thinking Dwight should mail me a check for $10K...;)

Gone, but not forgotten!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What, you need new tires??? Don't think it would help... it would certainly be rubber, but don't think you want your truck to bounce like that!!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Nan
    What, you need new tires??? Don't think it would help... it would certainly be rubber, but don't think you want your truck to bounce like that!!!!!
    ;p Nan, you are a funny lady. I guess Dwight is the serious one.

..tires...rubber..check bouncing... That was good...;p

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like we got some jealousy here. Don't worry, I am in the same boat with my '01 - But I still find interest in all the info. that is provided hoping I will be able to use it on a future F150 HD.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the jealous comment was directed at me then you could not be more wrong. I have no desire to own a supercharged harley truck. I like mine just fine. If I want to go fast I simply pull my 1995 Corvette out of the garage which can run 13.1 at 104 bone stock. I look at my truck as a work vehicle and in this case I get the bonus of having it be a Harley truck. It pulls my trailer to Bike events just fine and in style. With all the problems the supercharged trucks are having with rods etc and the terrible gas mileage they get you could not give me one. I am sure those that own one enjoy it. They have their opinions and I have mine but don't put me in the jealous catagory as you could not be more wrong.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by F150HD
    If the jealous comment was directed at me then you could not be more wrong. I have no desire to own a supercharged harley truck. I like mine just fine.
    I'm not sure where that comment was directed either. I'm glad your happy with your truck, and wish we could make you happy with the layout of the site. For the most part, I think they have done a good job of adjusting the forums to please the majority.
    Originally posted by F150HD If I want to go fast I simply pull my 1995 Corvette out of the garage which can run 13.1 at 104 bone stock.
    No chit? I had no idea stock Vettes were that fast. So a modded LT-1 Vette is running 12's? Wow, I guess you learn something new all the time..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast