Thread: Anyone Here a Pilot?

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone Here a Pilot?

Just curious if anyone here is a Pilot?

Pilot as in aircraft....

Private, Instrument, Commercial, ATP?

Anyway, I've been a pilot for a while. I am not current and I miss flying on the weekends. It just got too expensive.

Here is a picture of my old friend. I miss her...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Del
    2002 Flamed DSG (Tarzan) and 2001 Black DeerSlayer (Jane)

Terminators are people too.....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be starting on my fix wing ticket pretty soon.
    Right now I'm an Instructor for the UH-60 Blackhawk and have my commercial rotory wing ticket with instrument rating. I applied to switch over to fix wing in the Army, but I won't find out if I got it for a couple of months.
    '02 DSG HD F-150
    '03 AIH Texas Chopper
    '91 UH-60 Blackhawk

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any idea what they'd have you flying if you make the switch to fixed wing, flyarmy?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    C-12 Beechcraft

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I'm really lucky after a couple of years, upgrade to a C-35 Citation

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, C-12 (aka King Air) seems to be the standard fixed wing for the Army. I was with the 1259th Air Ambulance Company the last 4 years I was in the Army out of McEntire ARNG base.

I don't understand it but they REALLY did not like it that I was already fixed wing trained when I applied for rotary wing school. I really only wanted to fly the C-12 anyway. It is beneficial if your rated to fly both fixed and rotary aircraft. Mainly in the civilian market. I however was already 27 when I applied and the cut-off at that time was 27.5 years old to actually be in the program. So I never got to go..

I guess my big mouth was the reason. I would sit in pre-flight briefings and question the VFR rules that were being put out to the pilots. It's kinda hard not to speak up when it was WRONG and I had a copy of the FARs in my hand. I remember one time they were talking about VFR cloud clearances and they had the backwards. After speaking up to correct the instructor, I was banned from the flight briefings shortly thereafter.

Flying is NOT a casual hobby! If you make a mistake, it could cost you your life or the life of others. The BIGGEST problem that I saw was the attitude that the days training flights were a waste of the pilots time. Alot of them had SO much flight time that they could care less and actually preferred not to fly.

Bare in mind that I had relatively short flight experience (around 600 hours total) and was excited to go flying for any reason. But I always take any flight as serious as the first. No fun and games, step by step, methodical adherance to the flight rules and procedures. I guess I had a great instructor because I fly alot like he does. Except I'm a more "seat of the pants" pilot. I like to hear and feel how the plane is flying and not rely on the numbers as much. I proved my point by doing a roll-on landing, at night, under only moonlight illumination, without even barking the tires in a Cessna 182. I even announced it on the radio before I did it. How ****y is that... LOL

-Del

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Delmustator

Flying is NOT a casual hobby! If you make a mistake, it could cost you your life or the life of others. \
    -Del
    You've got that right. I was enlisted and put in for flight school at 28. Its now minimum 29 to apply. I fly quite a bit for an Army pilot, about 15 hrs a week. Every flight is a learning experience, not only for my students, but for me as well.
    I was at Bragg '00 to '03. I flew up by Raleigh quite a bit.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well it's been a long time since i got any "stick time", but I was crew chief on UH-1 and got 66 hours combat stick time in Viet Nam and had about a hundred non combat flying hours in fixed wing... i'm not a licensed pilot but if the time came, i could fly if needed. Both rotary and fixed wing. It's like a bike...once you learn you never forget.

non supercharged member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im not a pilot, but I work for Cessna, I have worked on every airplane that goes out the door for the last 15 years.

I knew we made several special versions of the Citation for the customs service, but didnt know about any for the army. Any more info in it?

Cessna has a excellent program for flight school, one of these days i want to give it a shot. Several years back I passed my ground school and was just beginning to take lesons, but never did complete them due to lack of funds. oh well one of these days!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

non supercharged member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cool!

looks like the entry door has been modded, normally they are not that wide. Anyways I hope you get to fly one of them.

We put our best into each and every one, and if you ever have any wiring troubles with the avionics or electrical system, let me know! Im sure I can help!!!

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Humm, wonder where I can put that ILS display in my DSG? The pod may do...

-Del