Thread: ipod integration

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ipod integration

I got one of the ipod nano's a couple weeks ago and I love it. I'm looking for the easiest way to integrate it into my truck. I have the factory head unit, so I bought a little battery powered fm transmitter, but the batteries last like 2 hours and the signal sucks. I have seen a couple that are dc powered, and charge your ipod at the same time. Should I go with something like this or look into a head unit that has an ipod interface. If so, which one is the best under like $400? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to feel out my options.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Big... what year truck? F150 I assume?

there was flurry of activity in the iPod integration realm @ the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) this year in January... I am still waiting for the dust to settle & see what new interfaces come out or are upgraded/expanded applications.

The Ford/Visteon Am/FM/Casstte/Changer on the '00-'02's was Ford's work horse radio. LOTS of vehicles used that radio/ the '03 HD CD-6 radio is still Ford's #1 radio as far as total applications used today...

So there was another question about this about a month ago... Its still a little early for new season introductions. Most '06 intro's won't be until mid-march or early april.

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...threadid=24605

I will do some digging online to see if any of the real players ahve updated their websites for 2006 products.

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, it's an 03'

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I went to best buy today, and did some research on getting my ipod to work in my truck. I found a product that integrated a docking station with the factory ford radios, but it excluded the 03 in-dash cd-players. Looks like I'm either going to have to go RF or get a new head unit.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hang tight... still more things coming out in the next 30-60 days... new applications every week....

if you like the stock look... hang tight... don't get too impatient with new products right around the corner

did you see this?

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...threadid=25533

I am testing in an '03 & '02 this coming weekend (saturday)... I am ordering both adapters this week & ahve access to both 00-03 f150 radios, as well as the '04-06 SD/HD big truck radios... to test this out... give me 1 week....

I hope to have an option at a fair price specifically for the F150's & SD's

Rob W
    Last edited by 2002GreyHD150; 02-13-2006 at 08:51 AM.