Thread: WTB: air force one intake

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WTB: air force one intake

new or used... anyone even know where to get one for less than $300? for 285 you might as well just get the JLP ram air!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I highly recommend the JLP setup. Be careful with the lower scoop though. The thing looks like it will suck up the deep water from an afternoon storm in a heart beat. I'm considering disconnecting the feed and using it only when I'm tracking it or out looking for trouble. I love mine. Check out my gallery and see what you think

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MRBLUEOVAL, i like the JLP setup, especially the power pipe, but i would have to get the chrome screen for the top of the box, not enough chrome in the engine bay right now.

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    K&N now makes a chrome series, i believe its the 77series. I'll check on one for our trucks.

NVM, not for our trucks. At least not in the 77series

Still searching...

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AirForce One is junk! You'll be really disappointed if your looking for bling.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Originally posted by 02MoneyPit
    AirForce One is junk! You'll be really disappointed if your looking for bling.
    I'm not disapponted in mine.

Airforce One Intake
    NHTOC Gallery My FTW Gallery
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 #5531
    Performance: JLP Built Shortblock, Comp Cams & Valve Springs, Stage IV Steigy Ported Supercharger, LFP E-Fan, LFP Aux Idler Pulley Kit with additional billet idlers, AirforceOne full Intake kit, FTVB, Art Carr TC, Morosso Trans Pan, Predator Tuner, 8# Lower, JLP Competition R Exhaust, FT Tranny cooler, 255 fuel pumps, Canton Deep Oil pan w/ Windage tray.

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is a lil chrome piece for the required bling. I expected more, but their rubber boot type things cover half the intake tube.

Harleytruck9144, would you maybe reconsider onto another intake?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ya, i am also looking at the JLP systems considering their ram air is 15 bux less and probablly nets more hp, however the AF1 is the only intake i have ever seen that actually extends the tip of the filter to the hole in the sidewall to bring in cool air from there as well as the ambient engine air and i dont get why other companies do not do this as well?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Jlp box extends into the fender well to draw the cold air plus under the front valence. I am considering disconnecting it though for the rainy season. I havenightmares of sucking up water and doing a vaporlock. I think this kit really helps the truck breath! I love mine and I'm glad I waited. It also looks good which is an added bonus. The power pipe is sweet to but the inside leaves a lot to be desired. The finish is rough at best. I like the CF one from REM and wished I had seen it first. Overall though I highly recommend the entire setup!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by harleytruck9144
    ya, i am also looking at the JLP systems considering their ram air is 15 bux less and probablly nets more hp, however the AF1 is the only intake i have ever seen that actually extends the tip of the filter to the hole in the sidewall to bring in cool air from there as well as the ambient engine air and i dont get why other companies do not do this as well?

might not be what you are looking for, but, i got my motoblue 95mm mass air to line up with the hole in the sidewall...the set up is hella bling

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    have you checked your tune with the 95mm mass air setup. That usually requires a major change in your tuning. I've heard a lot aof stories in regards to this causing problems. What have you seen? By your post I assume it worked out well for you

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by MRBLUEOVAL
    have you checked your tune with the 95mm mass air setup. That usually requires a major change in your tuning. I've heard a lot aof stories in regards to this causing problems. What have you seen? By your post I assume it worked out well for you
    yup, i'm right on...got tuned by James @ RWTD
    dyno results
    James said something bout it not being necessary to have the 95mm air setup, but it shouldn't cause a problem.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did you change your screen name?

In GLOCK I trust
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I love my AF1 kit too. I think it will come down to personal preference. I have heard that it will only make a big difference with BIG HP with the ram air type set up. I agree with MBO on the tube placement. My boy has a similar ram air set up on his Cobra that became a straw during a storm and started sucking up water. The hood ram air kit would be cool though. I think they perform similarly if my memory serves me correct according to a past thread. The modded air box had similar reslts and kept it stealth. Here is mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images