Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: group buy intercoolers

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

group buy intercoolers

talked to Mark at Lightning Force Perf, he said he would sell the intercoolers to the GB for $379 plus 50% off shipping.
    Anyone interested?

Let me know,
    Tony
    dances4@cox.net

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That really doesn't seem much of his normal price?

Fast with Class

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

listed for $399 at the LFP site

On LFP site they are listed for $399 plus shipping

Tony

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea thats not much of a discount, I would be interested if it was a bit more. But $10.00 and about $10.00 off of shipping isnt a real good deal.

Breakin The Law
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Heat Exchanger

I'd like to get in on the deal if we can get the price dropped by $50 and free shipping if possible.

jpanchalk
    Name:

I just got off the phone with Mark this morning, and we had a good talk on group buys. I think the problem is that he knows damn well that a "Group Buy" is going to end up being two people. So basically it's like giving a member discount like I said in the other post. So like 90% of GBs, we'll get the vendor to give us a killer price, then only 2 or 3 will make the buy, which does nothing to help the vendor in terms of sales.

I think this is a good thing - he knows everyone will ask for it and not follow through, but he's still going to give the 2 or 3 guys a discount.

jpanchalk
    Name:

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    try to keep in mind though that Marc IS one of the few vendors that regularly post monthly specials for us.

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by jpanchalk
    I just got off the phone with Mark this morning, and we had a good talk on group buys. I think the problem is that he knows damn well that a "Group Buy" is going to end up being two people. So basically it's like giving a member discount like I said in the other post. So like 90% of GBs, we'll get the vendor to give us a killer price, then only 2 or 3 will make the buy, which does nothing to help the vendor in terms of sales.

I think this is a good thing - he knows everyone will ask for it and not follow through, but he's still going to give the 2 or 3 guys a discount.
    Don't see an issue really. If a vendor (not specifically LFP) offers a group buy, then there should be a minimum buy in, period. This covers both parties. If only two or three 'buy-in,' then the vendor is should cover their margin in the volume of product sold. Nothing wrong with that on their end. If there is no minimum buy-in, the downside is the person(s) that organized it, if they opt to participate, are the only ones that benefit and causes them to eat a bit of crow in the process by selling the group buy on the basis of a solid response and crappy follow-through. Something out of their control in the end. The group buy organizer should be taken care of to some extent. A perk? Yes, but not a deal breaker in my book for the goal is for the group and vendors ultimate benefit. If it isn't win-win-win, then the deal isn't worth doing IMHO.

Rant off....

Bob;t :k
    I gotta Molotov c*cktail with a match to go.... I smoked my cigarette with style!
    Present
    2011 Titanium Flex w/ EcoBooooooost
    1968 Mercury Cougar XR7 - cruiser

Past
    2003 Tuxedo HD - SOLD
    2008 MINI Cooper S (turbo) - SOLD

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Speedin Bob
    Don't see an issue really. If a vendor (not specifically LFP) offers a group buy, then there should be a minimum buy in, period. This covers both parties. If only two or three 'buy-in,' then the vendor is should cover their margin in the volume of product sold. Nothing wrong with that on their end. If there is no minimum buy-in, the downside is the person(s) that organized it, if they opt to participate, are the only ones that benefit and causes them to eat a bit of crow in the process by selling the group buy on the basis of a solid response and crappy follow-through. Something out of their control in the end. The group buy organizer should be taken care of to some extent. A perk? Yes, but not a deal breaker in my book for the goal is for the group and vendors ultimate benefit. If it isn't win-win-win, then the deal isn't worth doing IMHO.

Rant off....

Bob;t :k
    Agreed, tell him to lower the price but require and X amount of people minimum.
    2002 HD - 631 RWHP - 757 RWTQ
    Currently fabbing twin-turbos

Fast with Class

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

$369 for intercooler

Mark at LFP lowered his price to $369 plus $5 shipping

Anyone interested?

Tony

dances4@cox.net

Dee Dee Dee
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well he has them on sale with no group buy at all for $379 shipped for sept. specials

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread...threadid=77740

'03 iN tHE cLOSET
    Name: J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For Us ungifted mechanics, on the group buys, can someone explain what the part is and what it can do overall. Please!!!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ah whatever happened to the good old days on here...when SV's posted often (well more often than now ;t lol), and GB's were actually GROUP Buys!

anybody else get in on the hellwig rear swaybar group buy? i think that was one of the 1st ones we had on the site, and there were something like 40+ people in on that one. mark bought hellwig out of all their swaybars, the 2nd 1/2 of the list was put on hold for a few weeks while hellwig resupplied....now THAT was a group buy ;t haha

to mark for actually being one of the very few vendors left still offering GB's, even if the price isnt' astonishingly discounted

jpanchalk
    Name:

Here's a technique that's worked before: we decide among ourselves what we think a reasonable price would be for a group buy. Since they're already 379, I'll throw 340 out there as a starting point. Then you ask Mark how many people needed for that price. With just a couple people, a huge discount won't justify itself in terms of volume sold.

I see a 10 dollar discount as a favor to those of us who are members and support him - not necessarilly a group buy discount. But I'm not trying to sound like I'm talking bad about the guy - he cut me and MBO a killer deal on the port/polish jobs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast