Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey Harley#356 Zaino stuff

Still Around...
    Name: Ron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Harley#356 Zaino stuff

Like you ask,Please explain it................................

Click Signature Pic For Gallery...

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Aight, i'll try to make this as simple as possible. This post will explain the products, if you want, i can do another to explain the process of how to apply it and tips and tricks if you want.

aight, i'll start off by doing this.
    1st, i'd say you have 2 general options. the full zaino setup, or a partial setup wtih the minimum amount of stuff needed.

for full setup you should get: Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7, ZFX, Z16, Z18, Z12
    for the minimun setup you should get: Z6, Z1, and depending on what color truck,,, z5 for black, z2 for dsg, or both for 2tone

With either route you choose, you still need to get 100% cotton towells made in the USA! NOT pakistan or one of those, cuz they truly aren't 100% cotton. And when you get them, cut the edges off cuz that is nylon thread.
    also need to get a 100% cotton wash mit, made in USA!
    finally need some dawn dish soap to wash the truck wtih before you start to strip any grease or wax or anything.

Now, to explain what each product does in a nutshell

Z1: polish lok- sets up the paint for the zaino polish, and makes everything bond to the truck. can only do one coat of polish a day if you use Z1

ZFX: flash cure additative- mix it in with your Z5 or Z2 polish, and use it in place of the Z1. It makes the polish dry almost instantly, so you can do 3 coats of polish in a day, but no more than 3 so it can bond properly.

Z2: top coat polish- more optically clear than Z5 base polish, and should be applied as your last coat of zaino. Also use it on all the chrome, and best on light colors, and also as your final coat no matter what the color, but not necessary

Z5: base coat/swirl remover polish- makes darker paints more deep and wet looking, best on dark colors, yet still helps on light colors, but isn't necessary. doesn't do much for swirls if they are really bad, but still helps a little

Z6: gloss enhancer spray- just like any other quick detailer, except it has anti-static properties, so it makes the paint slicker and attract less dirt and dust. you can feel and see a difference before and after

Z7: wash- isn't too harsh like some washes and isn't too wimpy, just the right concentration of soap to get rid of the dirt and loosen it and lubricate the paint, and actually helps the shine of the polish.

Z12: glass polish- can't use it on aftermarket tint, and you don't need a buffer, but it goes on and off like any wax, buff on, let haze, buff off. works wonders on that haze that forms on the inside front windshield without a lot of rubbing.

Z16: Tire shine- i've tried dozens and this is the best out of all of them hands down. one coat for low gloss, 2 for high gloss. a little tiny bit goes a loooong way (same for all the zaino polish) and it lasts a good amount of time, doesn't spin off, or turn brown, or attract dirt. 2 thumbsup in my book!

Z18: Claybar- Works the same as any other claybar, but you get 2 with the zaino kit, and might as well order it all from the same place at once. they explain this product better than i ever can on their site www.zainobros.com Bascially it pulls any contaminants out of the paint, even helps on brand new vehicles.

I havent' tried any of their leather stuff, but i plan on it this spring

i hope this helps. i can't really shorten it up much more than that. it seems overwhelming and alot of money and work, but its really not all that bad. i was right there with ya though, it took me a while to get all this down, now i can spit out Z this and Z that until your head spins :p LoL!

its not that much more work than any other polish out there, it just sound like it at 1st. its worth it all in the end
    Last edited by Harley#356; 02-05-2003 at 09:14 PM.

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have tried the leather treatment and found it to be as good as the other Zaino products. I did clean with soap and water first, then the treatment. It softens the leather and smells great.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK, so you have me convinced that Zaino is the sh!tz. Since the paint HD is as good as stock paint can be, what do you recommend I use? It already has a few swirls, but that's about it. I don't think I need to clay bar the paint, so after I wash it with Dawn, what do I need?

Click it ^

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I spent some time on the Zaino site, and gained some answers to my questions. What it looks like I need is the ZFX, Z2 and Z5, to get started.
    After I wash the truck, should I start the process with ZFX, or Z5?From what I read the ZFX is for acceleration only. The hood really needs the Z5, but what goes on first?

Also, where is the best place to get it from. I have heard there are places that sell it with on line ordering. Not that I have decided I want it, of course I have to have it as quick as possible...

Don't call me mister!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well i suggest you go to www.zainobros.com and print out a order sheet. This gives you prices as well. Then call Gloss Boss at 1 317 859 8449 and order it with credit card. (they are same price as Zaino) It will arrive in about 5 days.
    2002 HD F150 #07542
    Genuine Ford Reciever Hitch
    Genuine Ford/Harley Bug Deflector
    Lightning Tails
    Lightning 3rd light
    Tinted front windows to match rear
    2" drop Bell Tech shackles
    Amsoil 5-20 full synthetic
    K&N drop-in filter
    J&J Lower Grill
    H-D antenna mod
    SVT Customs "Alliance" logo overlays
    *more mods on the way!*

Still Around...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks harley,am going to have to print it and read it while am suppose to be working.....LOL

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    N2TRUX, like i said earlier, zaino is the type of polish where everything works together, no real sense in spending big bucks on a top of the line polish, and only get 1/2 the stuff you really need. ;)

as an absolute minimum, since you have a black HD, this should be the least amount of stuff you get from them
    Z5, ZFX, Z6

ZFX is not only to speed up the drying, its a replacement for Z1 also. you need to add the zfx into your polish if you don't get the z1, because it was really helps bond the zaino to the paint

Z5 and Z2 are interchangeable, and both polishes. Z5 is supposed to take out more swirls, but i've found by doing different panels with different combos of z5 and z2 that the z5 is the best for dark paint. So if you want to save a little money, skip the z2 and just get z5, because the z2 won't make all that much of a difference over the z5.

Z6 is the quick detailer. you'll be sorry if you don't order it too. you should put it on after every coat of polish to help the shine and polish, and after every car wash.
    after you wash your truck, run a towell across the paint, you'll be able to feel the static friction between the towell and paint.
    hit the truck with a coat of z6 real quick (takes about 5 minutes) and then run the towell across again, it should glide across liek there's nothing there. it makes a big difference and the anti-static properties really help in keeping the dust down

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Harley#356
    N2TRUX, like i said earlier, zaino is the type of polish where everything works together, no real sense in spending big bucks on a top of the line polish, and only get 1/2 the stuff you really need.
    I don't mind spending the money to get what I need, I just want to make sure I don't end up with duplicate products that I don't need.
    as an absolute minimum, since you have a black HD, this should be the least amount of stuff you get from them
    Z5, ZFX, Z6
    That's what I thought. I want to try the Z16. You have talked it up so much, I have to give it a try too.
    Z6 is the quick detailer. you'll be sorry if you don't order it too.
    I will. My truck sits in the garage most of the time and collects dust. I hate having to wash it just to get the dust off. I have a duster, but that doesn't get everything off because of the static.

Now if I can just find a local supplier for it. It's supposed to rain until Sunday, so we won't be going to the track. I want to clean it up in case the weather breaks so I can go to the Hooters show...

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    cool, with a california car duster and the z6 you shouldn't have to wash the truck very often if its garage kept
    during the spring/summer/falll i can go up to 3 weeks without having to wash the truck and just dusting it every day, and z6 it every 3 days and it'll look like it was just polished....of course unless it rains LoL

the z16 tireshine is great. a little waterier (sp?) than most brands, kind of looks like skim milk :p but its great stuff. best applicator i've found so far is the eagle one contoured foam applicator pads. they work great. only downside with the z16 tire shine is you have to let it dry on the tires for about an hour before you drive it if you do double coats to make sure you get no sling off at all. otherwise if you just do one coat and wipe the excess off, it should be dry in like 15 minutes and a low gloss shine. my favorite stuff out there so far tireshine wise Still use the cheapo stuff for the tread though at shows cuz i do the entire tire just gotta facilitate the removal of the tireshine on teh tread after the show (AKA nice burnout :p)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Still use the cheapo stuff for the tread though at shows cuz i do the entire tire just gotta facilitate the removal of the tireshine on teh tread after the show (AKA nice burnout :p)
    Use the STP Son of a Gun spray stuff on the tread. Thats what I use on the tires and fender liners of all my daily drivers. It works great.
    Be really careful about burnouts with the tires coated. I used to do the same when I showed my 84 Z-28. I pulled out after a show one day, and it had just started to mist a bit. I put on quit a show for everyone, including myself. I managed to maintain control, but I took two lanes and the shoulder to do it...

Still Around...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

for the minimun setup you should get: Z6, Z1, and depending on what color truck,,, z5 for black, z2 for dsg, or both for 2tone

I want the easiest way,so I'll do the minimun setup.so from what you say I should buy Z6,Z5 and Z1.Now how do I use it and what order?THANKS...JOSH

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i'll post how to do it in the other thead for ya ;)

as for what to get for the easiest (not the cheapest) then you'd want z6, z5, and zfx (rather than z1)

using zfx over z1 cuts out a step, and makes the process go alot faster because the zfx gets mixed in with the z5, and goes all on in one coat, rather than 2. worth the few extra bucks IMO, and results will be the same

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Still Around...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where can I order it online?

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ah ;c ever get that where you know what the answer is, but can't remember what it is to say it? ;p LoL. i know what the site is, but just can't put my finger on the address for it.
    i'm sure somebody will post it though. i'll probably remember right after i sign off

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast