Thread: 2003 SC HD boost gauge hook up

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question 2003 SC HD boost gauge hook up

I appreciate everyone's help immensely , however. This is the deal , MY TRUCK IS A SC 03 HD, there is not a capped off black tube by the brake booster by the fire wall like in a 02. I have looked at a 01 Lightning and I know everyone is talking about. O.K. now that we have that out of the way. Can someone with a SC 03 HD take a picture , draw a picture, sign a picture, ...................of exactly where they tied there's in................... O.k. we have gotten that out of the way. Know that I don't want to hack in everywhere people tell me to or I would have had a lot of cut up tubes by now. I have tried the pink tubes (they don't taste too good ) and that didn't work. Please guy's it cant be this difficult to do this. Not even Auto Meter can give me a straight answer. I know I am not the only one out there with a SC 03. Thanks to a couple of you I have gotten some great info on other hook ups. I have been told by the head hot rodder a Ford in my area to tap into any red line for they are high pressure and it will work, again hack, cut, give me proof or liberty , oh zhit wrong soap box. Your mission for today is to keep a fellow brother from losing his cool. Thanks :drink:
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think you have to cut into anything..

Just Rip, Slip, Brush, Ahhhhh.....

I'll trace the airline on my 02 and see where it connects. It's inside plastic protector stuff..

-Del

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dbl G,,, Clean out your private mailbox (both inbox and outbox),, it's full and noone can reply to you.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Boosted

I figured it out in 03 Ford took the line that everyone says to hook to and plugged it into the pink line from the back of the boost module and used a 90 deg. boot . I had tried it before just not under load. More news at seven THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Out box ? Wow there was around fifty in my out box.......sorry

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so you got it? I tried to reply earlier but ur box was full. I took a photo earlier today but it was blurry as all hell. I was going to take one with my good camera tommorow.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Boosted

Yeah, Thanks Krazy, I had a brain fart this morning about the boost bypass, what Ford did was in the 03 is created a boost pass of there own and that's where the black tube went too. A little tee action and put the truck under LOAD to get the gauge to move and bingo 8lbs. of boost. Thanks to all that helped here, it is what makes this brother hood so cool..Cheers

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    really don't understand this... i have a 2003 and mine was very easy to spot. It was a vaccum line like where you stated with a black rubber boot over it. ?????

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On the 02 - 03 (SC) where the boost module is my upper one was capped off, the pink vac tube from that location was connected to a black rubber 90 deg. boot and plugged into the black boost line that is in the vac. harness the factory use's in the Lightning-Harley Davidson trucks. They cap it off in the HD because it gets no boost gauge. From what I have been told and as near as I can figure this was diverted in 03 as a boost bypass by the factory. Other than that I am clueless , that is my story and yes I am sticking to it.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IF IM DOING THE BOOST BYPASS ON MY 03 HD, INSTEAD OF PUTTING THE CAP ON THE VAC-TITE CONNECTION, I WOULD HOOK THE BOOST LINE IN THAT capped spot?

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ***vac-tite T FITTING**

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    old thread....dblg was banned a long while back.

You may want to read into the boost bypass a little more. Its not really recommended. You're not going to gain any performance out of it, and its there as a failsafe measure to help protect your motor.