Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: custom tune recommendations

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Excellent info here for ya Token.... ALWAYS in person & stick with one tuner... James, PSP, JLP none of them have I heard any horror stories or problems.

Good luck... that parts offer from MBO is a STEAL!! if you don't have those parts JUMP on that deal.

Post up your #'s!

Rob W

HP is a beautiful thing
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i plan on using torrie!

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello, I just bought a 03' HD and I plan to dyno it this Friday. I keep hearing how a dyno tune is the best way to go and was wondering where to go. I mean can any dyno shop do this or do I need to find someone who deals a lot with these trucks clse to my area? Also, I'm a little lost on what to do come time to have the truck serviced. I mean how do you delete the program so hopefully get it buy Ford? Isn't this a waste of money since you will have to go back to a tuner after your truck is worked on? or can they sell you a hand held tuner for you certain truck?

Thanks
    Ray

P.S anyone know if there is a tuner around Dallas? I think this would be the closest to me.

'03 iN tHE cLOSET
    Name: J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good question. I want to add to it. If I go to a dyno tune locally, will I still need the Predator tune or will they offer something similiar? What about the handheld to switch/flash the programs back and forth?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The predator will allow you to store the custom tune. All you have to do is revert back to stock and re-flash when ready.
    CTK

4 wheeled money pit...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Pro-Hawk
    Hello, I just bought a 03' HD and I plan to dyno it this Friday. I keep hearing how a dyno tune is the best way to go and was wondering where to go. I mean can any dyno shop do this or do I need to find someone who deals a lot with these trucks clse to my area? Also, I'm a little lost on what to do come time to have the truck serviced. I mean how do you delete the program so hopefully get it buy Ford? Isn't this a waste of money since you will have to go back to a tuner after your truck is worked on? or can they sell you a hand held tuner for you certain truck?

Thanks
    Ray

P.S anyone know if there is a tuner around Dallas? I think this would be the closest to me.
    Where are you at Pro-Hawk? I'm seriously considering going to HPP Racing in Dallas soon for a dynotune on my truck--maybe we could meet up there...
    Sold--'02 HD, DSG, mods: more than yours...

'93 Silver/Black LX Coupe, mods: even more...

'05 GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab, Silver/Grey, AWD, 6 liter, moonroof, DVD, Rhinoliner, full tint... quiet, comfortable, and gets 17 mpg--running regular gas. It's no Harley, but I like it!

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by slingshot
    Where are you at Pro-Hawk? I'm seriously considering going to HPP Racing in Dallas soon for a dynotune on my truck--maybe we could meet up there...
    I knew there had to be some one is Dallas

Anyways, I'm here in Midland, Tx. That sounds like fun and I'm always in Dallas As a matter of fact, I'll be in Dallas March 4th but not sure if I'll be taking the truck. Do you got an idea when you think you will being tunning you truck in Dallas? I still need to buy a Predator tuner and would also like to get a DVD system for our son to entertain him on road trips Anyways, let me know when you plan to do this and I'll see if we can make a min HD carvan to Dallas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2