Thread: 10" w7 in the console!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

10" w7 in the console!

Is it possible to modify the stealth box for the 03 Harley in order to fit a 10" w7 in there? Or is it possible to build a custom box to fit inside the console with a 10" w7? And how many whatts can a 10" w7 run on safley at a constant rate?

Got Duck?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a 10 inch Fosgate p2 in a custom box in the rear console powered by a Fosgate 320A amp. Sounds very nice and I still have space for some cleaning supplies on top of the box. Not sure if a JL will work though.

03 DSG Cobra
    4 LB Metco Lower
    Bassani x pipe
    CAI
    Flowmaster 40 series
    441RWHP 439 RWTQ
    Tuned by Troyer Performance

03 Two-tone
    6# JLP lower
    AF1
    375RWHP 460 RWTQ
    Tuned by Troyer Performance
    NHTOC # 380

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looking @ JL's website the recommended & optimum sealed enclosure is 1.25 cu ft for the 10 w7.. so it would, in theory make a good replacement for the 12w3v2 in the stealth box as standard.

However the question is why? WHy spend $450 for a stealth & then change the optimum sub for that enclosure... just build a custom box for the 10w7

the 10w7 or any JL sub, do not have specific power handling ratings becuase it is soooo vairable, from the quality of the amp, to the quality of the box, the volume of the box, the box design. But to answer your question the 12w3v2-d2 is rated @ a conservative 300 watts.

The new 10w7 go here:

http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/10W7_MAN.pdf

250-700w is the safe to optimum power range sealed.

Building a custom box inside the console is simple.. do a search here for "HD4mula" & get his box plans.. its perfect for a 10w7

Last comment... as with every thing I answer, what do you really expect out of the sub-woofer system? What will you give up going from a 12" to a 10"? Is that a concern?

Lots of questions much more important than just "can I physically do this"

Rob W.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Per the specs on the JL web, the 10w7 requires 1.25cf. I like HD4mula box, but it states it only 0.98cf...not including the sub. Will that box work for with the 10w7? Looks like it not enough space.

Originally I wanted a 12 w6 and I posted a few questions about this, but I scratched that idea. As Rob W. stated as well as others, they were designed to work in "threes". So I thought the next best thing was to go down in size, but up in power. That's of course if the w7 is also designed to work in "three's"??

Can I assume that a 10w7 would hit harder and sound cleaner than a 12w6?...lets say for argument sake...same box enclosure, being that both require around the same space, same amp (with plenty of power). I'm not looking for BIG BOOM, shaking the neighbors windows, making you feel nauseous BOOM with rap. Which I probably wouldn't get anyways from one sub. Just BOOM shaking my windows, feeling the base...friends telling you that f***ing sounds bad a**!! Music would a factor I guess...no hard core rap. Mostly Rock...Metallica, Lincoln Park, maybe Usher now and then. Maybe this a bad question...everyone had a different opinion.