Thread: 2006 Harley trucks ???

Procharged
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2006 Harley trucks ???

i talked to a guy that worked for ford at the autoshow at the dallas fair grounds today. i was talkin to him about my truck and he said some things about the new harley truck that is most deff going to be bad ***. dropped, 22's, with either a V10 or the new lightning supercharged V8. i was also told that if will most likely be a 6 speed!!! any additional info on this will be greatly appreciated.
    Daily driver: 2001 Mustang Cobra- Eibach suspension, Tokico struts, Maximum motorsports full length subframes, 4.10 gears, MGW short throw shifter, JLT cold air intake, Bassani X-pipe, Bassani Catbak, full sound system

Project ride: 2000 Harley truck- Belltech 4/6 drop, custom 5 point rollcage, ATI procharged, custom built (billet) blower bracket, polished P1SC, custom built kooks longtubes, custom built 3in Xpipe, black MB motoring 22's, 42# fuel injectors, 90mm MAF, 255lph intank pump, 3.73 gears, built tranny w/ PI stall, full show sound system

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I 've heard from a buddy of mine who works for Ford that the plans for the 2006 Lightning have been completely scrapped. There are rumors that DaimlerChrysler paid Ford off so there would be no competitor for the SRT-10. Whether or not this will affect the new Harley truck--- I'm not sure. I just thought that I'd throw my 2 cents in at that subject.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Originally posted by 1mean02HD
    I 've heard from a buddy of mine who works for Ford that the plans for the 2006 Lightning have been completely scrapped. There are rumors that DaimlerChrysler paid Ford off so there would be no competitor for the SRT-10. Whether or not this will affect the new Harley truck--- I'm not sure. I just thought that I'd throw my 2 cents in at that subject.
    rumors that chrysler paid ford off? are you kidding me? thats some of the funniest bullchit i've ever heard ;t LOL!!!!

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey man, I'm just relaying info. I thought that was the biggest load of crap too, but hey, this is America, and weird stuff does definitely happen... Another reason I have heard that Ford is scrapping the "L" project is that there were too many recalls i.e. warranty claims with blown engines. Like I said I am just relaying information and until some big wig from Ford releases a definite "Yay!" or "Nay", I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what the future brings... Hopefully it will be more horsepower and 2 more mean trucks to wax the little boys with bowties!

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think that someone here needs to step up and call a higher office and acutally talk to FORD or SVT and see what the he// is going on here!!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i know, nothing against you. i love to hear the ridiculous rumors that go around ;t

thanks for the entertainment

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just read in a magazine the other day that the lightining with the supposed 500+hp is put "on hold". They are saying the lightining will not be re-released until about the 2008 model year. As for the Harley nothing was mentioned, I guess they'll keep making it in the F250 class since it is selling so good. I have an '03 two-tone harley and am waiting for a new F150 Harley, hope they make one!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm glad to hear that some of the information that I had received wasn't just a complete load of bullcrap.... I still hope that Ford releases the Lightning/ Harley project soon... I saw an '04 F150 lowered with 22's and it was HOT! I can imagine what kind of stuff the factory will put out... I also saw a 2005 Super Duty Harley Davidson truck yesterday, and was pretty close to trading in my blown '02 for the 4x4 big dog with a diesel. THAT TRUCK WAS SWEET! Except for the price tag.... I don't think I have enough pennies for $52K!!

2002 DSG
    Belltech drop shackles,Checkmate flush mount tonneau cover, L tails and 3rd brake light
    6# lower, Accufab single blade TB, C&L intake elbow, Bilstein L-spec shocks, Bassani long tubes, Magnaflow hi-flow cats, Magnaflow DI/DO
    222K.... I think it's time for a rebuild
    2006 F250 HD Tuxedo Black Crew Cab 8' Bed
    6.0L PSD, XDP 4" turbo-back exhaust, K&N FIPK, Nitto Extreme All Terrains

www.facebook.com/1mean02hd
    www.cardomain.com/id/1mean02hd

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I WAS READING IN TRUCK TREND THE THE LIGHTNING WILL BE ON THE BACK BURNER TILL 08

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2006 F150 HD

Have you seen these pics of the potential 06 HD ver?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 HD F150

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

06 HD F150

SORRY I THOUGHT I COULD POST MULTIPLE PICS, DIDN'T WORK.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SAME

I'm sure there's a better way but, one at a time for now...

Name: Randell

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    this is some good info from the NLOC.net board...
    http://nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84690

So I guess this tells us that we may not see a S/C engine for a while. you never know thought....

this was posted by BigD(Dwight)

Hello all,

As many of you know, I had a meeting with SVT at SEMA last month concerning the 06 Gen 3 Lightning, and lack thereof.

I had an appointment to meet with both Tom Scarpello and John Coletti on Wednesday morning (3rd) at the Ford display. Tom was on time, but John did not make the meeting due to other commitments. Tom was cordial and we discussed the Gen 3 Lightning and SVT's future for ~45 minutes, as Tom delayed his next appointment.

Here is a synopsis of the meeting:

There will be no 06 Gen 3 Lightning

There may be a Gen 3 Lightning in 2008. Currently the "bean counters"
    want all products to "pay their own way" and the Lightning probably does not recoup development and warranty costs?! I argued that the value to Ford of most SVT products is intangible, but of real value to the corporation as a whole.

Another reason there will not be a 06 Gen 3 Lightning is that Ford will make major changes to the "new" current F-150 platform, and Ford did not want to release a new Lightning on a changing platform.

All the SVT people are happy with the email and faxes they are receiving, as it gives SVT ammunition to "beat up" the bean counter with. They want the flood of emails and faxes to continue!

I shamed Tom and SVT for not helping the NLOC and LightningFest. Other than sending the SVT truck and selling their shirts at our event, NLOC and the event does not receive one dollar from Ford. I asked Tom to support the NLOC and LightningFest with just a portion of the cost of one NASCAR TV ad for the Lightning. Tom agreed that Ford has not helped and should, so we may get monetary support from Ford for the 2005 event.

I was asked by Tom about an interim Lightning to keep the name alive in the short term, thus the poll on the board concerning an interim Lightning.

I came away from the meeting with the following impressions:

There will be a Gen 3 Lightning, but not until 2008.

Much of the development work is already done, but has stopped due to the platform changes coming.

It seems that the next Lightning will have the Whipple SC rather than the Eaton.

SVT wants us to continue to bombard Ford with emails and faxes...with well thought comments.

We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Roy Richards (Super Cab L) and I also talked to many potential LightningFest Sponsors at SEMA. We handed out 20 Sponsor packs and mailed another 10 additional packs after the show....thanks Roy!

Randell Kelly
    Black 2003
    http://www.kellymanor.com

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD