Thread: electric fan questions need advice

ROCKIN' OUT
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question electric fan questions need advice

i just installed my efan from lfp and it did not come with the temp sensor switch for the block. anyone know what size or configuration needed from the fan.
    also i hooked up the manual switch through the cab and have been using that. i wasnt sure how hot the truck would run so i left the fan on the whole time i was driving. once i got home i noticed a smell coming fom the hood so i popped it open and found the relay was extremely hot, and the fan would not shut down. i removed the relay from its mounting point and the fan shut down. so last night my wife goes into labor and i drive all the way to green valley (about 25 min) with no fan and the truck never goes above 1/2 way on the gauge. so after all this rambling my question is when and for how long do i use the efan.
    Rob you may be have the answer to this one since your running the same setup i am.
    02 DSG//lfp 6lb lower/lfp high flow cobra waterpump/lfp electric fan/metco idler/jlp forced air induction system/lightning cat back/

ROCKIN' OUT
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no help?
    i did numerous searches and got some great info. but no answer on the duration. i also didnt mention that i have no temp sensor or a/c fuse clip bought the efan used. so i wanted to hook up an alternate switch for the low speed any ideas. also if i hook up only the red fuse wire to the box and the green and black to a/c does the fan come on with the a/c only. how long can i run the high speed switch without melting the relay?

help

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    11thHour
    Not an expert here but I'll try my best:
    1. when and for how long do i use the efan.
    With the temp sensor, fan comes on automatically (as you already know). Fan pretty much stays on in my truck while I am driving (since engine is at/over operating temp

2. how long can i run the high speed switch without melting the relay?

From what I know, this is meant for short-term use only (i.e. cool down while staging at the track)

May I suggest contacting LFP to buy the green sensor wire only and then your kit is complete (and leave everything else where they are supposed to be). No second-guessing on your part = peace of mind. My 2 cents.

Hope the gurus jump in (or you phone Mark directly for answers which is what I did when I hit some goofs in my install). Good luck