Thread: Dec. 5 - Nor-Cal: Toys for Tots/Jelly Belly Factory, Fairfield, CA

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dec. 5 - Nor-Cal: Toys for Tots/Jelly Belly Factory, Fairfield, CA

This event is being put on by Ford Truck World - California Chapter.

Please Join us for the 2nd Annual U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Drive.
    Rain or Shine at the Jelly Belly Candy Company from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
    Please mark your calenders for Sunday December 5, 2004 for this great cause.
    Bring a toy and put a smile on a childs face at Christmas.

The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is now in its 57th year. It is a program dedicated to helping in the development of one of our nations most valuable natural resources - our children. Toys for Tots delivers a message of hope to children who have little reason to have hope for the future. The shiny new toy at Christmas lets these youngsters know that someone cares. Christmas is a time of joy, happiness and goodwill. It is a time of giving and helping those who are less fortunate than ourselves, especially impoverished children. For the past 56 years, one organization-the U.S. Marine Corps- is the unchallenged leader in looking after America's needy children at Christmas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain or Shine

1. Rain or Shine at the Jelly Belly Candy Company from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.

2. Setup in the Corparate parking lot in front Jelly Belly Candy Company.

3. I will collect all the toys at Jelly Belly and drop them off at The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve unit in Concord Ca

4. Santa will be in residence all season long for pictures and those last-minute wishes. There is even a mail drop for the North Pole and free postcards for the kids to send their wish list.

5. Everyone has to bring at least one unwrapped toy.

6. Mountains of sugary delights of all kinds are being cooked up for the holidays at the Jelly Belly Candy Company factory, and free tours operate daily from 9 am to 5 pm throughout the day approximately every 15 minutes. Each tour lasts approximately 35 minutes.
    The only thing you will pay for at Jelly Belly is what you buy at the gift shop at the end of the tour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jelly Belly Candy Company

The Jelly Belly Visitor Center and factory tours operates daily 9 AM to 5 PM
    Free Jelly Belly tour info

Jelly Belly Candy Company
    One Jelly Belly Lane
    Fairfield, CA 94533

Directions

From Sacramento & Vacaville: I-80 West to Abernathy/ Chadbourne Rd. exit in Fairfield. At first stop, turn left onto Chadbourne Rd. and continue past the third stop light. Left one block past ight onto Courage Dr. Left onto North Watney Way and left onto Jelly Belly Lane. Approximate driving time from Sacramento is one hour.

From San Francisco & Vallejo: I-80 East toward Sacramento (from San Francisco, cross Oakland Bay Bridge to reach I-80). At Fairfield, exit I-80 onto Hwy. 12/Rio Vista. Right at first light onto Beck Avenue. Right onto Courage Dr., right onto No. Watney Way and right onto Jelly Belly Lane. Approximate driving time from San Francisco is one hour.

From Napa and Sonoma: Take Hwy. 29 to Hwy. 12 East (Jamieson Canyon Rd.) At junction with I-80 proceed East toward Sacramento. At Fairfield exit I-80 onto Hwy. 12/Rio Vista. Right at first light onto Beck Avenue. Right on courage Dr., right on No. Watney Way and right on Jelly Belly Lane. Approximate driving time from Napa is 20 minutes.

From Contra Costa: Take Hwy. 680 North to Fairfield. At junction with I-80 proceed East toward Sacramento. At Fairfield exit I-80 onto Hwy. 12/Rio Vista. Right at first light onto Beck Avenue. Right on Courage Dr., right on No. Watney Way and right on Jelly Belly Lane. Approximate driving time from Contra Costa is 40 minutes.
    2002 Black Harley-Davidson F150
    2.6 KB, DMP Built Motor, Dynatech LT's

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some notable Nor-Cal Harley truck members who said they would show up are:

BillP
    503Blackjack
    airtroop01
    03HarleyCa

Who else is going?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I encourage everyone to try and come to this event. Not only is it for a worthy cause but a chance to meet other club members, who we haven't seen for awhile. I believe that FTW is also started a list for a pot luck. Might want to sign up for that.
    NHTOC #11
    2003 HD 2Tone #4270

We are upping our standards....so up yours!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This looks like its going to be an awsome turn out between all the sites!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cant go

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by coiledup
    cant go
    That's too bad... we'll miss you.
    No other harley trucks going?
    Geez... we are going to get a much better turnout from the BALA guys. I'm not even going to have my truck with me and I'm going.

BLWN HOG
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm in rainy and cold Seattle. I can't attend either.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    <----Only Harley

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay, here's the caravan information for the event!
    Craig, BillP, and myself will be leaving from the Tri-Valley area. Anyone else who is on the fence and thinking of going... here's the information. It really is a good cause and there are going to be a lot of trucks from other clubs.

For more information:
    http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c..._toys_for_tots

Caravans to Jelly Belly/Toys 4 Tots

Tri-Valley area (Dublin, Livermore, Pleasanton, Union City)

Meet in Dublin at the Shell Gas Station off of Dublin blvd at 8:45am and leave at 9:00am
    Take Interstate 580 to Dublin blvd
    From East bound exit Hopyard and make a left, go over the freeway and you will see the Shell Gas Station on the right.
    West bound exit Hopyard make a right and you will see the Shell Gas Station on your right hand side.

Shell Gas Station
    11989 DUBLIN BLVD
    DUBLIN, CA 94568-2834

Pittsburg/Antioch area

Meet at the McDonalds/Shell Gas Station at 8:30-8:45am. It is located off the Hwy 4 exit going toward Oakley/Brentwood. Off the exit, go right toward Oakley and make your first left. You'll see the McDonalds/Shell right on the corner (left side). Very easy to get to. Leaving at 8:45am SHARP!! Us coordinator types need to be there by 9:30am.

Sacramento area

Meet at Eppies in West Sacramento at 9:00am Take Interstate 80 like you're going to San Francisco. This Eppies is at the last exit before you cross onto the Yolo Causeway headed for Davis. You can see it from the freeway. When you get off the freeway, at the stop sign turn right.

Eppies in West Sacramento
    4567 W Capitol Ave
    West Sacramento, CA

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, it was a great turnout at the Toys for Tots event despite the fact that Craig and I were the only ones who attended from this club. Craig's truck was the only Harley truck there as mine is still back east.

There were a ton of vehicles from Ford Truck World, SUV world, NorCal Galaxie Club, Dodge Truck Clubs, and our sister club, BALA - Bay Area Lightning Association. The weather held out and we got sun! Santa Claus was walking around to wish everyone a great holiday.

If you've never been to the Jelly Belly Factory its an incredible place.

We got a Grand Total of 205 toys for this great cause.

Album is here
    http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...47-album-39052

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Phil I think it's time to do some heavy recruiting and find people who want to be active in the club!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good idea but its pre 64 only.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, your right, no cool cars were made pre 64......Go hang out cars are great, or sit at home and help the Grand parents clean the plastic on the furniture..l.o.l.