Thread: Neil

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Neil

Hi Neil

A fiberglass tonneau will cost you £1150 in the UK and $1150 in the US, but with the dollar so weak it will cost you £570 inc shipping, well worth it, also speak to Max he is shipping stuff from that direction, he might help out.

See you Sunday.:BF: :BF:
    Baz

GRAY RIGHTS CAMPAIGNER
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dont forget the 20% duty

and the 17.5 % v.a.t.

I hate this country

:BF:

RIP OFF BRITAIN.....YOU GOTTA LOVE IT !

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tonneau

Rik

The tonneau will still only cost you about £850 inc tax and VAT and shipping. I think the tax is less than 20% its 22% plus the VAT on the truck but after market bits are less tax, same VAT. They look great on the truck though.

Baz:BF:

Mind you, still rip off Britain

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A thread dedicated to me!!!. An honour!. Thanks for the info Baz. There is a local american car place near me in Farnborough Hampshire and i think they wanted about 1400 for it inc fitting. Im a bit worried about it getting damaged on the way over as well. Its just I use the HD for work (i know, i know) and with that tonneau cover and the support bars you cant get anything in there. You cant even flip over the bed extender. Bit of a stupid design if you ask me. Im thinking about 2 covers at the moment. The ARE and the gaylord. Any prefs???

Cheers Guys

Neil

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tonneau

Has to be the Gaylord, they do look good with the cover, well they look great anyway. The trouble with buying things here everyone is making there pound out of you. Do it direct to the US, if you can bring a truck in a tonneau is easy.
    I use my bike or truck for work, mind you I run a shop so its just there and back.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Little bit different from me. Im a builder. But ive cut down on the big jobs so i only really put tools and the odd materials in the back. Anything big, i get ordered in. but working in london its a constant worry leaving it. Plus those damn parking bays are soooo small. Im forever getting tickets telling me to park inside the bays. Lucky there just warnings!

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Neil,

I use mine for work and I have racked up 13,000 miles in 10 months. No problems whatsoever except bloody parking. Tho I have found people do give you a wide berth when parking near the truck.
    Mine came from American Car Imports in London and was fitted with an ARE tonneau which is excellent in my opinion. I have been told when running a solid tonneau, you save a few mpg as well.
    ACI did quote me just under a bag of sand when I asked about the cover so it may be cheaper asking them. Then again with the pound currently at $1.94 and rising nicely, it may be time to buy one in from the good ole US of A.

Catchya later

Kev

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kev. I would love to get one direct from the USA. Its just getting it over here. I dont know where to start really. Any help would be appreciated

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok guys I got mine from the States shiped by a company called Moving Parts contact a guy called Steve Borland on 01753 689699 they are good and dam quick tell Steve that I put you on to him he will take care of all tax and give you a all in price Oh and he drives a Mustang :bo:
    Stand for something or fall for everything !

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tonneau

Neil

I may be bring over another Harley for a business pal in Bournemouth in the next few weeks, if I do he does not want the tonneau as he carrys motor bikes for his business. If this happens we can do a deal on it. Keep you informed.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds great to me Baz. Keep me posted. What sort of tonneau is it?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not sure of the make but its fiberglass, as you say keep you in informed.