Thread: Navigation Systems

Nicky Extreme
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Navigation Systems

I am a big fan of top end car audio visual, an dam constantly moding and changing mine. Having a non-supercharged '00 it is really the only place i can have alot of fun moding and upgrading consistantly.
    Any ways I have a Kenwood CD/MPE/Tuner w/ 6.5" LCD head unit. And a seperate Farenhite DVD player under the rear seat. I would like to fill the space in my dash where they put the cubby whole spacer with a navigation unit.
    Anyone do this and what brand? what model? what navigation program? and what type of program? Thanks.
    NHTOC #9

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Palumbon lead the way. Our gallery should be up by then...you can post pics.
    NHTOC #4

Resident newbie
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you can fit 2 din sized head units in the dash of the f150 trucks. I hear that it requires "a little" cutting inside the dash (not really noticable from the outside) to make it work but it can be done. Also any car audio shop can do this for you if you don't want to do it yourself. Any you can find many nav. units that are din sized and will fit in dash. My problem is I will soon have a DVD head unit and a TV monitor taking up both slots in my dash and nowhere to fit my half din parametric EQ(Fosgate). I'm thinking of ordering a new top center console piece(the one that has the plaque glued to it right in front of the cup holders) so I can do some custom work and flush mount my EQ right in front of the cup holders in that 1 inch gap. Maybe one day I'll find a place for a NAV unit too.
    03' Black Harley Davidson F150 #713
    My Harley Pics

Trouble Maker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Garmin III+ works just fine for me.

Mike

I'd rather be ridin'...
    Name:

Northwest Iowa, '00 F-150 Harley-Davidson
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Garmin is what I use, too, Mike. Hook it to a laptop and it does great. One of these days would like to have it built in, though.
    2000 F150 Harley-Davidson: Superchip, K&N FIPK, Hard Tonneau
    Keyless Entry Pad, Hidden Hitch, Clear Tails, Clear HD Headlights
    Sylvania SilverStars, HD Clear Corners, 2-Meter Ham Rig (KG0UK)
    Classics: 1950 Ford Custom Deluxe
    Bike: '99 Road King Classic: FLHRCI

Indestructible!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes....A double din HU will fit in the F-150's. BUt you will need to take a dremel or a air saw and cut about a 1/4 off the top of the plastic in the dash. Not hard....Just need to take your time. I did it in mine and you would never know I did it. (Heater vent thing covers all.)

Nicky Extreme
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think I can only get the Kenwood Navigation know that I think about. Because I want it to work on my existing screen which is a kenwood headunit. I would get it but it is the same unit from 3 years ago and it is selling for the same price. I want to see if they come out a new one this year. Maybe the price of the old model will drop. Or if the newer one sells for the same price, might as well get the newer one.
    I will just have to wait to see I guess. My birthday is in may so I am going to hold out till then.:bo: