Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DynoLab or Modacar Dyno Day?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DynoLab or Modacar Dyno Day?

We are going to try and plan a dyno day at either DynoLabs in San Ramon or Modacar in Livermore. We will contact both companies and see who wants our business!

Let us know if your interested!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    will be contacting these 2 places this week and finding out dates.

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be watching this thread too.

************************CLICK TO VISIT MAD'S SITE************************

'02, 32V, 5.4L #001, 14psi Whipple and a few other mods. 640 rwhp, 610 tq. CA Smog legal

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK I talked to Ray at Dyno Labs and these are the 2 dates we can have it,
    Saturday Jan15th
    or
    Saturday 22nd

The Cost is $60 for 3 runs and that includes
    Air Fuel
    Dyno Graphs
    Data Log

Dyno Lab is a Superchip dealer and tunner and is also Reconized by SVT.

He siad if we can get 10 or more Trucks to pre pay using there PayPal he will drop the price to $50

So I need a Yes or no once we decide on the date, I think Jan 22th is good.

Once we get a vote on that I will ask for people to give me a firm yes or no, I will then get there PayPal info for everyone. Hopefully we can get 10 vehicles.

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can make it on the 15th but I'll be in Florida on the 22nd.

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Madferraristi
    I can make it on the 15th but I'll be in Florida on the 22nd.
    Did you make any other mods to your engine combo since the last time we saw it run?
    2002 Black Harley-Davidson F150
    2.6 KB, DMP Built Motor, Dynatech LT's

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dyno Testing

I'd be up for it, especially since I've been racing at Infineon almost every month. I'd like to see what kind of HP and TQ I have before any mods are made. As far as the two choices, I know I can make it on the 22nd.

Matt

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Dyno Testing

Originally posted by gottagofaster
    I'd be up for it, especially since I've been racing at Infineon almost every month. I'd like to see what kind of HP and TQ I have before any mods are made. As far as the two choices, I know I can make it on the 22nd.

Matt

cool.. what times have you been running?
    btw: welcome!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome to NorCal, when I did a dyno mine stock with a Cat back and airforce one air intake I ran 333RWHP and 400 RWTQ.

What year is your HD?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quickest 2 times have been 14.46 and 14.47 @ 95 mph. Ran the 1/8th at Infineon the days after Thanksgiving. Quickest time 9.19 @ 77.26 which calculates to about a 14.24 @ 97. Only changes I've made since new have been a K&N filter w/ a hole cut out at the bottom of the air box. New tires (Hankook 285/50's). Dealerships are measuring pulleys on these trucks now when you take it in for service. I still want my warranty, so no mods for now. Besides, I've been reading what everyone has been adding to their truck to make it go faster and I'd rather save the money, stay consistant and keep the truck within warranty.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mine is a 2003, black w/ the stripe. This January I'll have it 2 years. No serious problems. The maintenance plan is great and is well worth it.

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very nice... you could consider an FTVB which should firm up the shifts and help the times a bit. Its indistinguishable from a stock piece because it is a Ford valve body and its in the transmission. Also traction bars might help you hook up more.

Post a pic of that beauty in the "post a pic of your truck" thread here!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I sometimes wish I didnt touch the truck but once I did it was all over...I think Phil can relate LOL

How much is it to run the trucks out there? We might wanna take a drive out there one day and go on the track with you, once I get mine tunned and get the NX hooked up, I will wounder how bad Phil will spank me HA HA HA.

My performance mods are:
    MagnaFlow Hi flow mid pipe
    Ported and polished upper plemum and throttle body
    2.90 upper pulley
    #4 lower pulley
    Metco Cold air with polished C&L elbow
    Nitrous express 75 shot

Gotta you will notice with the club having its new start, you will find all the info you need on anyting from Show to Go!
    Feel free to ask anything you want in the Norcal forum!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I went to some of the club meetings last year up in Sac. and was a member. Getting up there from SF every month for just 1 hour was a bit too much for me. I see that meetings have gone to every week in Dublin, which is not too bad. I've read a lot of posting the past year so I know what I need to do. I'm glad everyone else has done the research for me. I'm not much on show since I drive this truck everyday. It has the small scratches, road rash and a bed liner that looks like a work truck. The cost at the track depends on what category you run. Only two categories are available for us, Street or Trophy class. Street class is $40, and you can win money for the first 3 spots. Trophy is $20 and you compete for a trophy (top 3). Depending on how many cars show up and if there are no incidents, you can get about 2 pratice runs and then the elimination rounds start. Starts at 8 am sharp. Be there before 8 am to go through tech inspection. Remember it's bracket racing with a dial-in. Doesn't matter how fast you go, just be consistently fast every time you line up. You may run against a 10 second street car every time, but who's closest to the dial-in is what counts. I've been to the second and third rounds a couple of times and I'm the only Harley truck running out there and at Sac. With all of your mods, you might be going under 14 seconds, and with that, you better bring a helmet. It's required for all vehicles running under 14 sec. If you do run under 14 and don't have a helmet, they won't let you back on the track.

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, we've been trying to vary the location of the events to accomodate everyone. We had the Toys for Tots/Jelly Belly meet in Fairfield for example. We've teamed up with BALA members to have a weekly Hooters get-together in Dublin. We've posted events for dyno days in Sacramento and San Ramon.

So, if you've got an idea in mind for a get-together in SF, let us know. Maybe a lunch get-together at Mel's Diner might be cool or a photo-op near the Bridge!

Don't let the "show" word scare ya... Mine is a daily driver too! So, I definitely can relate to the small scratches, road rash, and bird presents that punish your truck. However, Craig can attest to dragging me out of bed and helping me wash my truck so I can make it look respectable to park next to his show queen. (haha!) We're a family (albeit, sometimes dysfunctional) and we just wanna get you out there to admire you ride, bench race, talk about latest mods, and bask in the pride of ownership.... or some BS like that. ;)

As for me, if I can learn how to drive my truck properly with all my new found power... I'm going for 12.0 (provided I find some slicks)... maybe 12.5 on street tire

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast