Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

belt question

Engine Mods are basically:
    Option E (6lb) from RPM outlet
    Option F from RPM outlet
    Dyno tuned in the local area

My question is:

I want to up the boost a little more and am interested in the DIABLOSPORT PowerPulley. RPMoutlet told me that the gatorback belt thats on there now will still fit/work when i change the upper pulley. Anyone disagree? I wanted to double check since im going with a smaller size pulley.. ?

Anyone else running that upper pulley with the same lower combo? I am planning to have an EFAN put on the same time as the pulley. I'll be sure to have it on the dyno before and after for some posted results!

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Not exactly the best forum to post this question and get many responses, but typically if you are changing the upper pulley, the diameter change is so little that the belt can still be used provided there is enough room left on your tensioner.

Are you sure you want to do it though? Smaller pulley means more likelyhood of belt slipping, plus the chance at damaging your SC snout. You already have a 6# pulley, why not just go to the 8# ring?

Oh and one last thing

Just bustin your chops.
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AHHHHHH --- good point on the thread posting brain fart.. I'll repost in th general forum!

Thx for the reply. Im not totally set on the upper change - trying to weigh the options. I like the way the Diablo power pulley would look on the upper pulley - upper pulley really stands out as the first thing you notice on the engine.- plus the extra boost from it.

thanks again for ur input

Is it 5:00???