Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need help with headrest monitors

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Post Need help with headrest monitors

http://www.lightav.com/car/md/hr.html
    Does anyone know how these things are installed?
    Do you have to cut into the tops of the seats to run the wires down or can I just remove the plastic trim pieces for the headrests?
    I'm not sure if I do remove them there will be enough of a hole there to fit the wire through for the monitor.

Any help is appreciatted.

Later...
    Bruce

click da pic!

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well lots of options, but what I did was just put the wires along side the plastic trim piece I stretched the leather around the edge of the trim piece and fed it through there. Biggest help is if you unclip the seat cover in the back on the bottom (its like a 12 in long plastic c clip) you can get your hand a good ways up the back of the seat to guide the wires. Good luck!!! I dont have any closeups of the wire feed and its dark here or i would post one up

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Originally posted by Flatout_Krazy
    well lots of options, but what I did was just put the wires along side the plastic trim piece I stretched the leather around the edge of the trim piece and fed it through there. Biggest help is if you unclip the seat cover in the back on the bottom (its like a 12 in long plastic c clip) you can get your hand a good ways up the back of the seat to guide the wires. Good luck!!! I dont have any closeups of the wire feed and its dark here or i would post one up
    That helps Krazy!
    I just need to get the balls up to actually remove that trim piece and take a look at it.

Later...
    Bruce

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I did mine I just stuck a "unraveled" clothes hanger down inside the headrest post hole down to the bottom and taped any wired to that and pulled them through. Push the plastic piece down on the headrest mount.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Before I start snatching and prying on things how do you remove the trim piece that the headrest goes into?

Later...
    Bruce

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On mine I just pushed it down and it "seperated" from the seat and moved the wires to the inside of the headrest "underneath".

I'll try to take some pics tonight if I get my truck back from the shop tonight.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Originally posted by 03 HAWG
    On mine I just pushed it down and it "seperated" from the seat and moved the wires to the inside of the headrest "underneath".

I'll try to take some pics tonight if I get my truck back from the shop tonight.
    The problem that I see is that the wire coming from my monitor already have the plugs on the ends making it a pain to just push into the seat back.
    I may be able to if I can figure out how to remove the trim pieces for the headrests.

Later...
    Bruce

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Black 2003,
    I just had a pair of M&Ds installed in mine (paid a shop to do it though). Now I regret not taking pictures during the install. I'll give the installer a call to ask or I can poke around in my truck tomorrow.

BTW, both poles/feet of the M&D monitors are notched while only ONE of the OEMs are notched. Good to know because when you slide them in, one side goes in smooth/easy (you depress the release button).
    The other side will snag but no worry, pop out the plastic trim around the hole to expose ANOTHER release button. The tech almost thought I bought the WRONG monitors but I knew about the fitment in advance because I was messing around with it.

BTW, the model I got already had the monitors in the headrests

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Originally posted by kromdom
    Black 2003,
    I just had a pair of M&Ds installed in mine (paid a shop to do it though). Now I regret not taking pictures during the install. I'll give the installer a call to ask or I can poke around in my truck tomorrow.

BTW, both poles/feet of the M&D monitors are notched while only ONE of the OEMs are notched. Good to know because when you slide them in, one side goes in smooth/easy (you depress the release button).
    The other side will snag but no worry, pop out the plastic trim around the hole to expose ANOTHER release button. The tech almost thought I bought the WRONG monitors but I knew about the fitment in advance because I was messing around with it.

BTW, the model I got already had the monitors in the headrests
    Yes, mine are the ones with the monitors already installed.
    I've gotten them to slide in O.K. now I'm trying to figure the best way to get that hughe arse cable into the seat without cutting.
    How did you remove the trim piece?
    Looks to me like theres a pin hole in the side of it to stick something in there to release it but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help!

Later...
    Bruce

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    YUP, use that pinhole to remove the black trim piece. Had to spend the night here at work so have not checked my truck yet. Later this afternoon, I'll take a closer look and some pictures to make sure we're on the same sheet of music. I'll also have a better answer on how the wiring/cables were routed.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Originally posted by kromdom
    YUP, use that pinhole to remove the black trim piece. Had to spend the night here at work so have not checked my truck yet. Later this afternoon, I'll take a closer look and some pictures to make sure we're on the same sheet of music. I'll also have a better answer on how the wiring/cables were routed.
    Awesome!
    I look forward to some pics hopefully and get this behind me once and for all. lol

Later...
    Bruce

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bruce,
    Hope these pictures help. #1 is from leg/pole opening. Seatback was loosened to allow the cable to be routed down, along outer edge of seat back
    Attached Images Attached Images

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

pic #2

shows where the end of the cable exits at bottom of seat, then connected to wiring harness which was tucked under the carpet (from the dvd player)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Those really help out!

If you get a chance can you take a pic of the headreast up and where the cable goes into the seat back.
    Then again if you don't have the time to I understand I really appreciatte all your help.

Later...
    Bruce

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Actually don't worry about it I looked again at the pics you have and I see now where everything is.

Thanks again!!!!

Bruce

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast