Thread: SES light is ON!!!!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SES light is ON!!!!!!!

My SES light came on my 2001 Harley Supercrew about a week ago, and my truck was due for a 25k service, got it serviced, told the garage about the light, they said they would look at it. When i collected it they told me it was the Cam Sensor it had moved maybe cos i hit a bump. The following day SES light came on again, garage checked it and told me the code was a P0340. They also told me it would take all day to have a look at the fault at the cost of £65.00 per hour. I have checked OBD codes.com and the site states the fault as a Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction. Does anyone know what i need to have changed to sort the fault out? Any help would be appreciated.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i see this a lot at work, i'm a service writer, the most inexpensive thing you can do yourself is to replace your camshaft position sensor, i see it a lot on our jeeps, maybe the same applies to you. if not you have cam problems, this is my first ford so i'm not sure if they have the gears on the cam, could be timing also, but they are right it would take the better part of a day to find the problem.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool Camshaft Position Sensor

Hi there,

i got a replacement sensor, it took me 5 minutes to put it in and it cost me $20. just shows how much the garages try and rip you off. I just disconnected the battery for 20 mins to get rid of the SES light. Regards Avantiblue

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Imran,

Is this your truck sorted now or do you still have troubles mate.

KevF