Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Holy!!!!

Got melanocortin 1? I do
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by lowrodder
    someone should of told cayman150,that the dsg's are faster.the black has too much drag cuz of all that dirt it attracts.

Name: Ben

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Comes in black or 2-tone black and silver. And they are slower than the 02 DSGs.
    ;i

I KNEW the flame badges made it faster!
    -Ben Clark
    2003 Two-Tone #2694 1965 Mustang Fastback

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I wax mine...:b2:
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After extensive testing at our labs in Raleigh, NC..

It was determined that black DOES attract more atmospheric contaminants than any other color used on the Ford F-150 "Harley-Davidson Edition" trucks.

In all our tests, parasitic drag increased 300 percent after our test subjects tried to get laid while parked in the woods but were interrupted and had to make hasty get always on our test county dirt roads. This is known as the "flushing quail from the bushes" phenomenon.

The 02 DSG received our "Best Get Away HD" award for retaining the least parasitic drag ratio compared to mud.

An honorable mention was given to the 01 Black HD for "Most Comfortable HD". Mainly due to the flip gate missing and the test subject trying to do it in the bed of the truck. However, the score was lessened due to the low of ET time that resulted from the female subject getting her buttocks stuck in the rear slider window as she tried to jump back into the cab of the rear seats during the escape manuver. We plan to re-test with a more slinder female test subject in the future.

More test results to follow as we get them..

-Del

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well my friends stayed up the whole night one time going around Sarasota finding the "Auto Mart" (free paper that sells cars) well they had an ad in there that said 500 bucks off any car BUT it had no limit to how many you can use nowhere in the entire book did it say that and it did not say that they were not responsible

So they go the the dealrshup with their breifcase (full of coupons) and pick out 4 cars that they want test drive whatever, they go inside the salesman wants to take them to lunch, they go to lunch come back, and my buddies are like we want to pay for these vehicles cash the salesman is like thats great! So they were like we got coupons, they were like thats not a problem, so they were like, i dont think you understand, we are going to pay for these entirely with coupons

Man you should of seen the look on the salesman face.....

Well they talked to their lawyer and they said that they could of got the cars but they werent worried about it ( having to wait for courts and all that bs)

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So here's what happened:

I call the dealership at 9am this morning and am transferred to Penny in used sales. Conversation went something like this:

"I'm calling about the 02 F-150 Harley Davidson edition with 1500 mi for $14,995."

"I know exactly what truck you're talking about. Let me see if its still on the lot. I'm not too sure if we still have it or not."

"I was wondering the same thing.....I drove to your dealership on Sunday to see if it was there, and I saw another 02 but it had 47k miles and had a different price."

"No sir, that's a different truck."

Me thinking holy chit, this might actually work. Puts me on hold then asks if she can call me back. Needs to speak with the manager. Now I'm thinking something's up.

Penny calls back:

"Well sir, we still have the truck but someone has made an offer on it. We're not sure if his financing is going to get approved, but there is someone who may have bought it."

"Okay, if things don't work out with this guy, what can I do to be next in line? Financing isn't going to be a problem for me and if you still have the truck, I can be up there in 45 minutes to take it off your hands."

"Um, let me see. I think I remember hearing something about a misprint in the paper this weekend, but I don't know if it was this vehicle or not. Can I call you back?"

<----------- BS flag going up

Penny calls back:

"Well Mike, I'm sorry. Seems there was a misprint and it caused quite a big stir. We do have a 02 HD F-150 on the lot, but it has 47k miles and is $28k. Is this something you'd be interested in?"

"Nope, I called because of the price. Now I'm calling the State Attorney General's office. Thanks for your time."

Wonder if they're even interested in hearing what I have to say..............so anyway, that's what happened.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it sure would have been nice

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    I can see maybe a misprint but how can you get everything about the truck wrong,

miles and prices being way off

Got melanocortin 1? I do
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lousy ratbastards...fargin iceholes!!!!

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The plot thickens............State Attorney General in charge of Consumer Affairs called me back today. I told her my story and she is "very interested" in what happened and is sending me the necessary paperwork to file a formal complaint.

Wonder if I can use this as blackmail, I mean, a bargaining chip, with the dealership.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    be worth a try

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Face it..

By the time you get anywhere with the dealership. The truck will be a classic.

All the dealership has to do is blame the newspaper. By the time all is said and done. The blame finger will probly be pointing at YOU for actually thinking the misprint was legit.

-Del

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very true. Common sense says no way the ad was legit. Would have been the deal of the century. But like Blair said, the only things they got right in the ad was the year, make, and model of the truck. All the rest was B.S. I mean, I can see someone making a goof and typing $14,995 instead of $24,995. But how the hell do you go from 1500 miles to 47,000 and the price goes from $14,995 to $28,995? I'd love to hear how they explain that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2