Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holy!!!!

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation Holy!!!!

Is this possible? Mom found this in a paper in my area:

02 Ford Harley Davidson F-150, V8, Supercharged, 1500 mi, $14,995.

Then lists the dealership and the number. I'm keeping this info to myself for obvious reasons.

And it has a picture of it.....she thinks it DSG but can't tell because its a black and white picture. She's no HD expert, but she says it looks just like the 02 I used to have.

Edit: dealership is closed until Monday but I'm calling first thing. And getting a Carfax.

Name: Ben

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i've seen a few misprinted ads for HD's...dealers who have posted that the truck is an 03 but when i look at the pic, it's actually an 01...

there's a chance, being that the picture is not a clear one, that the ad is a misprint...but who knows.

if it IS an 02, i say grabon
    -Ben Clark
    2003 Two-Tone #2694 1965 Mustang Fastback

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, I'm kinda figuring that its a misprint (either on the price, miles, model, or all 3). However, I typed the ad exactly as it was written: 02 Ford Harley Davidson F-150, V8, Supercharged, 1500 mi, $14,995.

Mom says it looks like it has the flame on the side and the nerf bars.......definitely a 4 door.

If the ad is accurate, I wonder if its a salvage?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hopefully you can get lucky and its not a misprint..

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Is it at a new car dealership or a used car lot?
    Most new car dealers wont put a vehicle with a salvage or rebuilder title on their lot, too much liability, they go straight to auction.
    Sounds like a deal if its for real.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    good find, mike. hopefully, it's fo real. keep us updated.

Cold as Ice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like an awesome deal

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would camp out of the dealership so I will be the VERY FIRST in line when they open tomorrow. Pretty sure other peeps have seen that ad and are also just as interested/curious as you. The dealership's phones will be ringing off the hook MON but you will be at their door in person. Good luck.

Got melanocortin 1? I do
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is how this will work: Salesman says "that was misprinted in the newspaper it should have said $34,995...sorry....oh yeah and it should have also read 150000 miles instead of 1500." That is a common trick for dealers around here to get you to the lot.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll keep you posted.......but I'm pretty sure its too good to be true.

Might make a trip up there today to see if its on the lot. Strange thing is that they have a black 02 HD F-150 with almost 50k mi for $27k on their website.

Oh, and its a new and used dealership.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by capritoms
    Here is how this will work: Salesman says "that was misprinted in the newspaper it should have said $34,995...sorry....oh yeah and it should have also read 150000 miles instead of 1500." That is a common trick for dealers around here to get you to the lot.
    AKA Bait-and-Switch: dang, that one is sold, sorry! However, we have OTHER trucks available. I think a law has been passed to ban this (ads must now clearly state how many units are available at a given price)..for SoCal at least.

But isn't there a law that a posted price is binding for a seller (for example, I bought a DVD that had a sticker price of $9.99 and on check-out, it scanned at $19.99) Cashier honored the sticker price. Not sure if this applies to other items (like cars in dealerships).

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a sales tactic.

If they had any supercharged version (02-03) of the HD on the lot with 1500 miles for 15k. One of two things is going on.

1- It was a misleading print in the paper and the dealer is sure to blame the newspaper for the error.

2- The truck is a repo or salvage and is being sold in "as-is" condition. Any problems become the buyers problems. No warranties, no returns..

As for identifying what year model it is. That is easy unless it's been altered.

00 - Simple, there all extended cab F150s. Comes in black only.

01 - Has a tri-color stripe down both sides of the truck just above the nerf bars. Badges DO NOT say "Supercharged" on them. Interior grab handles are rounded. Headlights and side markers are NOT clear. Comes in black only.

02 - Has a single red stripe down both sides ending in flame pattern. Badges say "Supercharged" on them. Interior grab handles are squared. Headlights and side markers are CLEAR. Comes either black or dark shadow gray colors.

03 - Has a white/silver stripe down the sides that says "Harley-Davidson" exactly 831 times (count them to make sure you have an original truck and not a clone). Badges say "100th Anniversary Blah Blah Blah" and are hugh (adds 50 lbs to the truck). Interior grab handles are squared. Headlights and side markers are CLEAR. Front end is redesigned from the 00-02. Comes in black or 2-tone black and silver. And they are slower than the 02 DSGs.

There you have it. Nuttin but the facts..

-Del

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ;p ;Y ;Y ;Y ;Y ;Y ;Y ;Y ;Y ;Y ;p
    What The ..............................................
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Lightbulb

Geez...I never knew the paint color made one truck faster than another? I'll definately have to put a bit of '02 DSG paint somewhere underneath on mine so maybe I can pick up a few tenths!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    someone should of told cayman150,that the dsg's are faster.the black has too much drag cuz of all that dirt it attracts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast