Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: GB on Factory Tech Valve Bodies

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cayman150,
    A kit (valve body, 4X4 pan & filter) is priced regularly at $260. I think Mad is crunching the numbers so he can offer us a deal.
    Then there is also the MOROSO pan which by itself goes for around $180.
    Hopefully, the prices will be worth the wait (hint, hint, mad)

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pan options are posted.

Re Cores.
    Gregg told me that when he has to buy cores, the 4R100's cost him $100 and the 4R70W's $200. So please, lets not screw him up.

************************CLICK TO VISIT MAD'S SITE************************

'02, 32V, 5.4L #001, 14psi Whipple and a few other mods. 640 rwhp, 610 tq. CA Smog legal

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Cool

Thanks for the pricing info...Well I saw that some people wanted it with the pan and some wanted it without and I wasn't sure how the GB was going to be offered. Seems like a good deal either way, but from the looks of things I doubt if we'll get 10 to agree on the same kit. I just think it makes sense to get it with the pan (unless you already put one on without the valve body).
    Seems like the FTVB is going to generate a bit more heat so it just seems obvious to counteract that with more fluid to cool the tranny better. My 2 cents.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have added a clarification on the pans.

Still Around...
    Name: Ron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see w/4x4 pan it's $232,Madferraristi is the filter included?
    Can you post pic of the Finned, Cast Aluminum pan???

I want the complete package FTVB w/4x4 pan&filter..... How much?

Click Signature Pic For Gallery...

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK GB master (Krom), I'm in. I'm with ron, I'm looking for a complete package vb,4x4,and filter. lets get this going I've got till the 16th to have this installed. Adam

Harley-less Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also want the complete setup, pan, vb, filter... since it's going till the 30th, as of the 15th I'm in, that's payday.

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey Mad, would I be correct in thinking that shipping is not included?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess I shouldn't be asking this question if I'm going to try to install this myself....or maybe I shouldn't. What is the difference between the 4R100 and 4R70W?? I'm guessing it's a year thing??

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The 4R100 is found in Lightnings, Harleys and regular F-150's with the 7700 lb tow package.

The 4R70W is found in just plain jane F-150's

Installation in the 4R100 is a piece of cake, 4R70W is a tad more involved but has been handled even by computer geeks.

Shipping on the VB direct from Factory Tech is included. Freight will only be charged on the pans.

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AHHHH I gotta figure out this money dill!

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    4R100 Aluminum Pan (Poor Photo)

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    what the 4x4 pan and filter
    I know that the bigger pan is better for cooling and such.
    But is this filter just a ford pan and filter or what
    if i gotta become a member to get the deal i might not have all the money to get the pan and filter now, and basically am wondering if i can pick it up locally later

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BlairTruck
    Yes, you can re-use your current pan (then upgrade to a 4X4 pan later). Since you'll be pouring NEW tranny fluid, best to get a new filter. BTW, the pan pictured above is better than what I got . Good thing I decided to paint it RUSTOLEUM black.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just want to post a bit about the membership requirement, as I was the one that insisted on it, I thought I'd explain my reasons.

First, it's a good part business related, having strong clubs like NHTOC is good for my business, the amount of money I spend here is peanuts compared to what I pay for a print ad. Just for starters, I think a typical board supporting vendor fee is about $600-700 a year. On ad in Ford Truck World cost me about $2700, and I'll get a lot more people hearing about the product here than in the magazine. In a print ad, a lot see it, most ignore it, and it really generates more name recognition than actual sales, short term. An effective print campaign done right will cost me about $20,000. So as long as the internet sites are generating business, I'm doing all I can to support them, from a very cold and calculated business standpoint. I may or may not be a nice guy, but have no doubt about it, it's business, plain and simple.

Second, after all that, I really do like the clubs, and I support quite a few (how many of you have won Factory Tech parts in a raffle?) I sponsored the first HLOC membership raffle, I offered a Monster Box to the club to get more people as paying members instead of just people reading the boards. The things a club does for all of us, vendors and guys who actually own the trucks, is a pretty good benefit to us all.

Another thing to consider, at least in my case, is I have other dealers who are losing sales from these things, which is why I only do a few a year, and limit them as much as I can to being a benefit for the people paying the dues. Every time I "authorize" a sale price of any kind, I get some feedback from the dealers I didn't let do it, and I'm pretty strict about not letting the dealers do it without my permission.

As much as I like a strong club, I like even more having a dealer network that is here to support you when I can't (and I'm pretty busy, not to mention the 2 months every year when I disappear from the civilized world. If it wasn't for a strong dealer network, I couldn't do it, and you wouldn't get anywhere near the customer service that I'm especially proud of). I have to have a pretty good reason to tell one of the dealers I'm basically giving X amount of business to someone else, on the group buys I take about half the hit, the dealer takes the rest, but I do all I can to make sure my dealers make money on the parts, so they have a reason to help me take care of the business.

Anyhow, just thought I'd chime in. I know that it's less than a break even on the valve body, but there are other reasons that make it worth it, and you do get a cool t shirt!

Thanks,

G

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast