Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how many of us are left?

Name: Ben

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    there's a hooters in concord up by the racetrack...we could all meet there, then drive over to the track for a photo shoot

-Ben Clark
    2003 Two-Tone #2694 1965 Mustang Fastback

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Black03HD
    BenJammin, i do live in matthews. It might be me you see in the mornings, you can tell by the Panthers license plate on the front or the wings sticker on my rear sliding window.

I'm ok with Hooters, i know Jake loves that place. I'm always around town, i park my truck at work on sardis, 1 stop light before I74, if you look up on the right you can see it from Sardis.

If your looking for mods i have a 2.73 upper and 5lb lower i might sell. I'm toying with the idea of the new whipple charger.

Let me know if anyone wants to do lunch.

Dan
    i'm interested in the pulleys, let me know whenever you're ready and we can use my garage

i won't be putting them on my truck, however, until the warranty is up...i hear ford techs are real nazi's when it comes to modding the engine and covering the warranty

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ben, PM me if you are interested in a mod friendly location for your truck. I know some guys that will look past the mods as long as they didn't cause whatever your problem is. Beyond that, if you return the truck to stock, they will look past the fact that there were mods on there to begin with.
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    very cool!

I only plan to do very minor mods...minor pulley and PCM work, engine-wise

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If your looking for mods i have a 2.73 upper and 5lb lower i might sell. I'm toying with the idea of the new whipple charger.
    I'm a little new to this, but is the 2.73 upper the same size as the lightning pulley? if so, do you know what size our stock upper pulley is?

Kenne Bell Powered
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ben, 2,73 is 2 more LB's and 5LB well is 5 more lbs's. This set up will get your boost upto around 13-15 pounds. I'm not going to lie to you, this is not a safe setup. This setup is pretty much equal to an 8lb lower but with the smaller upper you get better response. You will need a idler bracket pulley or you will have major belt slip and a tune. Idler is around $200 and tune is around $500. Bad tune = flying rods. We have a good shop in charlotte down town at Dynamic Racing.

If you want to be safe then i recommend getting a 4lb lower and intake. Some will say 6lb is safe but again it depends on the tune.

Now if your still intrested after that then you can get very close to 400hp with a 2.73 and 5lber.
    489 rwhp / 596 tq SAE Corrected
    14' degrees of timing
    15lbs of boost

Kenne Bell, JLP sheet metal intake, 5lb lower, 3.0 upper, metco belt tench, C&L intake pipe, jlp ram air, Flouidine Heat Exchanger, SCT Eliminator Switch Chip, SCT 2400 maf meter, Custom Dyno tune, Bassani L spec exhoust, maggy high flow cats, BTS tranny 2600 stall, Gayloard x-2000, L tails, L third light, Depo headlights, FJO wideband, Metco Traction Bars, twin 255 fuel pumps, 55lb injectors.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alrighty then, we may actually have a club now. One with active members.

I too agree that it is long past due on a get together.
    So who wants to organize the first event for the year?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dan...thanks for being honest with me...i'll probably hold off on that pulley set up. I came from the Pontiac Grand Prix world, where our supercharged engines had a conservative stock tune and knock sensors...if we over-boosted our engines, the PCM would automatically pull timing when listening to the knock sensors. this truck has to be my daily driver for a long while, so i'll probably keep it stock or will do the mildest of pulley swaps.

...and i'm all for an active club in the carolinas

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think we all should get together Feb 5 like Del said when Big D gets here.

jotay21
    Name:

I am in Sumter, SC. It is about an hour and a half away from Charlotte. I will be in the middle east on the fifth of January, but I will be up for a meet when I get back to the states. Hopefully by then my truck will be in the 500/600 club. That is my next goal.

Josh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2