Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 03 two tone 4 sale

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

03 two tone 4 sale

I have a 03 HD fully loaded .. has only 1900 miles never seen rain only been touched with water when it gets a bath. still smells like new on inside ..no smoking drinking eating or nothing just been to truck shows and always get first and best of show ..things have came to force the sell my loss and your gain $36,000.00

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wish i had the dough for it man, sounds like a nice truck.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How come I advertise an '03 with fewer miles for thousands less and I get a comment about the price being too high and this guy doesn't???? I wish this seller well but my guess is he paid too much and is trying to recoup that loss by passing it on. The market does not support these prices. Seems like any price that starts with a "3" does not get the replies.

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    either way 36000 is way too much when someone can buy TSDUKE's 11sec truck for 36000

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But not everybody wants an 11sec truck, much less one that's been wrenched on beyond recognition. Some may want a reliable daily with Ford warranty. Plus, it only has 1900 miles, can no longer be bought new(unless some dealer(s) are hiding some) and if you find one used on a Ford lot, it'll probably have the same selling price. Not to mention that everybody usually leaves room to haggle. Wether some one paid too much is an opinion. Not everyone knows how to buy from dealers. He may have bought his when they first came out, which most dealers probably were not selling below sticker. In the end, it's his truck, his price. The buyer is out there, he just has to find him.
    George

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

oh yeah i sold the truck you bunch of cry babys ...

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dont poke the Bear bamaman

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    bama, Congrats on selling! I realize I probably had no business making that comment in your ad but also thought it would not hurt to bring the ad back up, believing it was still for sale. What are you driving now?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see 03's on lots with under 20k for 29-31k

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IMHO, I think the crowd here is just more aware of the market value of the Harley trucks. It's not that the price is too high. It's just the fact that most everyone here knows they can get close to the same for less.

No pun intended to anyone wanting to post a sale here of their trucks. Just keep the above in mind when you do. The NHTOC crowd is pretty much a closed market. Any seller will ALWAYS get more for their trucks advertising in the open market.

It's great that Bama sold his truck! HOWEVER, it sad too because Bama will most likely move on to another club associated with whatever ride he/she ends up with. It's a loss for the NHTOC. Will the new owner become an NHTOC member? Who knows....

-Del

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOHRTBT, If mine had near 20K miles the price would be lower, too, so what is your point? No, nevermind, please. There is a major difference to me between almost 20,000 miles and 1,400 miles. I understand a vehicle sells for what the market says it is worth and having a good price on them does not mean they will sell. My '02 is a good example. It has less than 20K miles and is priced in the low 20's and no bites came from this forum or the other truck forums I have it listed at. When I get serious about selling these trucks, it will not be dependant upon any forum. What I really want to replace them with is more than a few months away, so my daughters and I will just enjoy the HD's another year or so.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Danko, I think the point isn't the low mileage, but the fact that many people here bought their trucks new for the same price. At the time '03s came out, many people were not paying sticker on these as you will see if you search older threads on this site. I know of many users on here who bought their trucks out the door for less than 32k. That is less than what I paid for my '01 new. The good thing is that these trucks are maintaining a fairly high value.

If it were a standard F150, I would say that you would have trouble selling for more than 25k. 32k is not impossible, but I think that most buyers will choose to find one that is less expensive. The market is recovering, so you may actually get your asking price if you hold out long enough.

It also helps that there are not any more supercharged Harley F150s out for a while. If you look through the ads on here, most sellers have been trying to sell their trucks for months. As stated above, most people on here are very informed on the market value of these trucks and is why we know a good deal when we see one. Most of us follow them online religiously. I have seen many with less than 2k miles on them and location seems to be more of a factor in final selling price than mileage. Being in Michigan will probably be a tough sale. I could be wrong though and wish you the best of luck in your sale.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I have 19K on my truck with a lot of mods but as reliable as the day it was new and it looks better to boot. Mint condition. I'll sel it for $36,000 right now and I have well over $40K invested. Look at my gallery. Nobody outside of Josh is more anal then me!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    bamaman406,

Did you just buy that truck from a Ford dealer a few months ago. I saw an ad on Ebay for a similar truck (same mileage and color) at a Ford delearship (if it is how much did you pay for it, I spoke to the dealer and he was selling it for $29.5k)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Danko....Well first off I never said anything about your truck in this thread. I just posted what I have seen. Much like others in the thread did. I will admit though that I misread the mileage as 19k not 1,900 so that is the main reason for my post. ;)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast