Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CHTOC Membership

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

CHTOC Membership

OK fella's, we've been idle long enough; it appears that we have ample representation from both NC and SC, so it's time to get things moving.

As you know, Dwight will be in Concord on Feb. 5th and I encourage everyone that can, to come. I am going to try and have t-shirts made before the meet, so that from now on, we can look like a real chapter!

After this meet, I will work with other members to establish monthly meetings/events in both NC and SC. Just like others on this board, I'm married, have 2 small children, and have a full time job, so I know that getting away with your buddies can be difficult at best sometimes. However, with the amount of time that we spend on the boards, it seems a little odd not to be able to take some time to actually meet and admire each other's rides.

I have several ideas for future events, such as mod parties, as well as dyno meets. Fortunatley, we have access to Dave Brown's dyno in Charlotte who will work with us any way we want--you won't find a more accomodating person.

So let's get this moving along. If you will let me know your shirt sizes, I can be sure to have yours made first. Otherwise, I will just get a generic number of each.

Ron

SOLD

Name:

INDIAN TRAIL, NC '00 F-150 Harley-Davidson
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can get Cpracing to lend out there parking lot to us for one of our meets need be. they also have dyno days/nights and they are good turn out last dyno night we had about 80 vehicals there we could attend those

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like a plan.

I'm still up in the air about Feb 5th. My oldest got to play exactly 3 minutes in his basketball game last week and both me and the wife were PISSED OFF. This is the second time the coach has had him sitting on the bench and there are only 8 kids on his team.

If this happens again, even after talking to the coach, he will NOT be playing. The coach is a chowderhead anyway. He is only letting his little "Michael Jordon wannabes" play anyway.

-Del

Name: Ben

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    in stl, we had a monthly get together scheduled. the location/date varied, allowing multiple people with changing schedules to attend at least one get together every few months.

do we have a moderator/events coordinator/president of the CHTOC?
    -Ben Clark
    2003 Two-Tone #2694 1965 Mustang Fastback

Name:

INDIAN TRAIL, NC '00 F-150 Harley-Davidson
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    im the moderator of the chtoc forum but im not really the CHtoc president or anything like that.

Kenne Bell Powered
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm all for an active club,

Myself, Jake and Wildhog went to Ford to check out the new Mustangs a while back and had a blast. I need to be around other tucks other than those two. My truck fells kinda wimpy riding next to those two beasts;p

outnumbered my shirt size is XL, (XXL if it will shrink). Let me know what the damage is for my shirt so i can pay you for it.

Dan
    489 rwhp / 596 tq SAE Corrected
    14' degrees of timing
    15lbs of boost

Kenne Bell, JLP sheet metal intake, 5lb lower, 3.0 upper, metco belt tench, C&L intake pipe, jlp ram air, Flouidine Heat Exchanger, SCT Eliminator Switch Chip, SCT 2400 maf meter, Custom Dyno tune, Bassani L spec exhoust, maggy high flow cats, BTS tranny 2600 stall, Gayloard x-2000, L tails, L third light, Depo headlights, FJO wideband, Metco Traction Bars, twin 255 fuel pumps, 55lb injectors.

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, it looks like the interest is here! Del, I understand about the basketball gig; my 7 year old is in gymnastics, and it looks like we will be traveling to different events on a Saturday here and there.

As for the location of the meetings, I've had a little experience from some of the other clubs that I have been involved with. The biggest problem that I see is the willingness to travel to different areas. I mean, if someone is willing to drive 2 hours to come to the Charlotte area, then those of us in the Charlotte area should be willing to return the favor to the other members; fair is fair.

Dan your size is noted!

Ron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i agree that travel may be a problem, especially with a club covering such a large area (two states)

send me the bill for a shirt...i'm a xxl

do you have a pic of the shirt?

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by BenJammin
    i agree that travel may be a problem, especially with a club covering such a large area (two states)

send me the bill for a shirt...i'm a xxl

do you have a pic of the shirt?

Looking through another thread, I believe this design did not receive any complaints. I was thinking of a white t-shirt, with the colors that you see in the design, and have the lettering in somewhat of a chrome color so that they would show up better.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas or concerns. I am going to the printers Friday with the final design.

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well no more Saturday games for me. My oldest said he was not having fun and did not want to play basketball anymore. I don't blame him. The coach is a chowderhead. Nuff said about that..

I think I'm in for Feb 5th (barring any unforeseen problems). I think it will be a good deal. It will take me a couple hours to get there from Raleigh. Let's nail down the time and directions.

-Del

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the shirt design looks cool!

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I e-mailed Dwight, and he said that he is going to be at Hooters in Concord at 12:00 on Feb. 5.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe that we need two "presidents" one for each state. That way the guys in SC are not trying to setup get togethers in NC where they know little about the areas. Any takers?

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by wildhog
    I believe that we need two "presidents" one for each state. That way the guys in SC are not trying to setup get togethers in NC where they know little about the areas. Any takers?

What needs to be done first is to find out where the members are (town and state), and then determine what type of distance issues we have. I'm sure as time goes on, we will attract more and more members; which ultimatley may require two seperate chapters--NC and SC.

I will start another thread to address this topic.

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got my "bubble" busted today. The screen printers called and said that they could do the shirts, but that I would have to order at least 24! In addition, any future orders would also require the 24 qty. minimum. This is much different than what I was required to purchase in the past, and I believe it's a little unreasonable. There is one other shop in town that I can call, but I have heard that they are expensive. I will keep you posted.

Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast