Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Predator Question

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Predator Question

I was just wondering,

Is the performance tune in the Predator built for a lightning? Reason I ask is that when I plugged it in and loaded the perfomance tune it flashed a screen showing Lightning 5.4. I have gotten lots of great feedback from the more experienced members here land all stated that the performance tune is a pretty agressive tune. Is this why?

Now I have been running the performance tune now for over 4 months. I have been making my own 93 octance gas, the truck runs great and have had no problems just curious is all.

Coolest Member of NHTOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How do you make your own gas?
    '03 Two-Tone #00664
    Born on 11/25/2002
    395 RWHP 493 RWTQ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am in Cali we got the crappy 91 octane.

Buy some torco octane booster
    or just get 6 gallons of 100 octane unlead and mix it with 14 gallons of 91 octane

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that avatar never gets old Silver MMMM MMMM GOOOOO!

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Predator Question also

I hope you don't mind but I figure I would post here instead of making a new thread. I just got my Predator from Mark the other day and got a question about the Data loging feature.

Is there a way you can run the data logger without installing any tunes? I just want to play with the data logger this test/tune Friday.

Thanks
    Ray

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yup

just turn it on and data log, you can then play back the datalogging on the Predator or

Download to your pc if you have the ac pwr supply ,null modem cable and associated software downloaded from their website.

Sorry I dont have the directions right in front of me to give ya a step by step.

If you bought a used predator and dont have the directions you can download them from www.diablosport.com as well

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you can shoot me an email at bgstew6@gmail.com and I can send them to you as well

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by bgstew6
    yup

just turn it on and data log, you can then play back the datalogging on the Predator or

Download to your pc if you have the ac pwr supply ,null modem cable and associated software downloaded from their website.

Sorry I dont have the directions right in front of me to give ya a step by step.

If you bought a used predator and dont have the directions you can download them from www.diablosport.com as well
    I got the instruction but I'm a worry wart so to say ;) I've never used a tuner/data logger before and the instructions was a little vaige to me.

Anyways, I just plug the Pred in the port and thumb through it until I get the Data log section? Then start/stop it as I go?

Thanks for the help
    Ray

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that would be it!

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks

This Friday should be a blast. I'm installing my new exhaust Thursday along with my K&N filter. Then I'm going to the dyno shop Friday morning just to see if the exhaust helps at all and the same for the K&N filter. Then that night I'm off to the track to play around with the data logger.

New mods since last time at track

Bassani SS catback
    Bassani SS mid pipes w/cats
    K&N drop in filter
    Water Wetter in the IC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck and keep us posted

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Pro-Hawk

Afetr getting some base line data logs, at least apply the Performance Tune. You'll like the kick in the pants feel you'll get. That's the great thing about these tuners, if you don't like it you can simply restore the factory tune cause the tuner will back it up before applying any of the others. It's dead easy and goes step by step.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by cayman150
    Pro-Hawk

Afetr getting some base line data logs, at least apply the Performance Tune. You'll like the kick in the pants feel you'll get. That's the great thing about these tuners, if you don't like it you can simply restore the factory tune cause the tuner will back it up before applying any of the others. It's dead easy and goes step by step.

I thought the stock tunes was a bad thing?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Well, it doesn't look like you are doing any pulley changes which will effect boost so it should be okay. From what I've read we're pretty safe with the Predator tunes until we push our boost limits. A proper dyno tune done for your specific vehicle will always be better than a packaged generic tune that comes with the handheld tuners. Just be sensible with it as you add more mods. If you hear detonation, stay out of the boost until you can back it down some with your Predator and can get to a dyno for a proper tune later. I'm running 10-11 lbs of boost with my mods on a the Predator Pulley tune and it's fine. Good thing is we get 93 octane gas here.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got a question? Is it safe to use a predator for a 8# lower pulley or should I run a different program cause the predator is to agrresive. They have a pc wire to connect can I download other files and stuff like that instead of using the one it has?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast