Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Predator Question

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think the Predator is good for any size pulley swap but I'm no expert. I'm more in favor of using a dyno tune from a known good tuner, even on a stock pulley set up.

The instructions on a Predator refering to pulley swaps is confussing to me. If you read the very first introduction in the Pred's intsruction book, it states not good for pulley swaps either a smaller upper or a larger lower. It later goes on to repeat this same deal. Then futher in the intsruction book it states that it has a tune bigger pulley swaps etc.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh ok yeah your right. I guess I wont use that then. Thanx

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do not use the predator tune for an 8# pully you WILL blow it up, I ran a supposedly safe mail order tune with mine and it still fragged on the dyno.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Than what is safe to use with a 8#lower pulley?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Take it to a reputable harley-lightning tuner with a dyno as soon as you can. I had my 8lb installed for 5 days with a mail order tune and dint "get all over it" at it still went BOOM.

Look into and call some dyno tuners in your area, it will be expensive and/or a pain in the rectum if you dont.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just to clarify...

The pulley tune that comes with the Predator is too lean for an 8# pulley. I would even question it on a 4# pulley.

If you want to run a Predator, you need to get a custom tune. The BEST way is to let a KNOWN reputable Lightning/HD tuner set up the tune in your predator, while he has it in a dyno shop.

If this is out of the question, JLP can email you a SAFE FAT tune... then you go to a dyno... then you send your dyno chart and A/F numbers to JLP, and he'll tweak the tune... Then go back to the dyno to double check the new tune... This isn't quite as good, but it can get you close. Most likely, since it's an emailed tune, he'll tune it to the safer side... Sooo... you lose a little performance to get the safety...

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I figured I would post here instead of making a new pred thread.

Anyways, does anyone know if you can monitor you A/F with the data log function of the pred? The only thing it seems to monitor is spark, IAT, O2 sensors MAF etc. I tryed to select different areas to monitor but it's all the same 5-7 things.

Thanks

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MBO had a pulley tune and an 8lber on his truck and he was running rich, remember he started a thread about how our trucks are really rich it was that time he went to Ramseys Dyno

Every truck is different.......

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Pred. is for running 12-14 lbs of boost. I am running 12 lbs with the pulley tune and it is RICH. I am also only running 90 octane (no choice) and have had it this way for over a year. I even did a few full throttle blasts this winter when it was -30---no problems.
    2003 all black with all options
    2/5 drop by Belltech/Western
    Predator/6 lber
    http://www.supermotors.org/users/RLP

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    12 psi + 90 oct + predator tyne = nagasaki

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yup,

Predator tunes were created on 93 octane IIRC, I have been running 94 in mine with the Predator Performance tune for the past 9 months and no porblems so far. When I step up to the 6lb lower, TR7s and Steige port you can bet your bottom dollar that a custom tune will follow right after install.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2