Thread: Dyno at last

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dyno at last

Well , tomorrow at high noon. I will get to see what it is all about. I haven't cracked it open in 2 weeks now.

9" lower and The RWTD tune and some Brisk's just a driven........

I hope all goes well I am really anxious..............Sorry just sharing some menial babbling....
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

4900 pinged out second pull

Pingy , pingy second pull, next tune please 366.70 457.20
    Attached Images Attached Images

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Right where you should have expected to be. I think I had 360HP with my 9" lower and Predator pulley tune. I'm sure you are already loving the way the truck has come to life with the new setup!

Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dbl G,
    Are you shooting for the 400/500 club?

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    looks like it Krom,me thinks he is gonna try and push the envelope and see if he can find that little demon that lives out there.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It will be difficult to find 34 more ponies at the rear. 34 RWHP = around 40HP bolt on E-fan and ??????. Boy, did it sound HOT on that first pull......

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I bet it did, what is your list of mods again?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    9" lower and a tune from RWTD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So 9" lower does that translate as a 6# or 8#??

no filter or Cold air? no E-fan? no exhaust? those three will get you over 400 with what you have so far. Cat back will get you close to 425 I would think.

Also maybe the metco auxilary tensioner migh help?

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    4#........Actual 8.5" Pulley, K&N FIPK, 2.93 upper, 90mm idler and LFP 100mm Idler kit/tensioner, Brisk's, Maybe 400 club.... No E fan, No pipes.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

The latest pull, not what I would have expected, but we shall keep tiring.....380.63 RWHP 480.53 TQ. Best of 4 pulls. Items added since last pull, K&N FIPK and 2.93 Lightning upper
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is the skinny, when they did my pull's. New operator ( inconsistent pull's) Left my AC on ( good for a 8-10HP loss) Elevation on the DynoJet was set at 4500ft. real elevation 1050ft. ( good for a 5-8 HP. loss) New Acc. pulley was jammed into a bracket and the belt was dragging the pulley ( good for 5-10 ? loss ) Oh well, going to B'ham Feb. 27th to tune with James and I will have the E-fan on by then. Also a Dyno Documented Mod list, Hopefully safe and sound.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lady's and Gent's,
    It was the trip from hell. Rain , Rain, Rain.
    Someone's truck broke down on the dyno for almost 4 hours.

They should have pushed it out.
    I would have if I was there.

2:15 turned out to be 5:15. I had belt slippage at 4800 RPM on all pull's ( AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH ) 5 pull's. 388 RWHP 491TQ.
    This is were it get's fun we are cruising home and the truck feels almost like the E-brake is dragging and the RPM's seemed high. Stopped checked fluid's and looked around ( pouring rain ) finished the drive back , dropped off Ayrton ( Chris ) on his nice steep driveway and let off the brake and the truck doesn't roll backward's and it feels like the torque converter is slipping ( I am freaking out at this point ) So I leave and drive slowly home on the back street's this is when I notice I have no first gear and no overdrive to boot.
    So I am 45 years old with tear's rolling out and oh yes 4500 miles left on my warranty and 1 1/2 days worth of mod's to remove, so I can go to a dealership...... Talk to some FOMOCO mechanic friend's of mine this morning and go thru the check list. So my buddie Jason say's put in the stock tune drive it over to the dealership come around back and we will hook it up.
    So I decided to reload the tune that James had just tweaked for me because he installed it to the Diablo also and low and behold the story is now over,,,,, all is good ,,,is beautiful,,,, just like she should be. I just need a shorter belt and will there is that prayer I made,,,,,, James tune's have been right on , this I believe to be very isolated incident ( contaminated tune ) and Mail order at that, yes with a W/B it will be the same as if he were sitting in the truck it's self. Even without a Wide-Band all his tune's were money ( as in right on ).......
    I would check into having a separate bung put into for the sniffer. Other than that James is as nice in person as on the phone and very knowledgeable.... My finger's hurt from typing L.O.L.