Thread: 04 hd front hub caps?

dezert-addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

04 hd front hub caps?

when i took delivery of my truck there were no front hub caps, they said they would order them for me and now a week and a half later they are saying they checked with ford and ford says they don't come with front hub caps because of the locking hubs.
    BUT the hubs are auto locking with a manual override for the electric shift on the fly so you don't need to "lock" the hubs unless you are doing something serious. also they said the damn bed matt was optional

so i told them to look into the bed matt today and im not sure about the hub caps, Did your truck come with them? maybe i can take a pic down there and show them?

by the way its and 04 f-250 4x4 blk and org #1418

thanks
    2004 f-250 CC short bed, black and orange #1418 6.0 psd
    by the way my name is pronounced yon, I know, It's spelled Jon, It's polish ok!

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2 guys here at work have HD F250s and both said trucks came with the caps & mat I'm assuming this is what you are asking about, see them on ebay a lot:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33744
    Attached Images Attached Images

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    (Here we go again! Stupid freak-en dealer) Please give me your info. VIN# Dealer Phone # and contact. I will get your Front caps and bed mat if you don't have them yet.

Randy 303 326-5792
    FORD Fleet/Comm Truck Mngr. 406 544-6891 St Louis, MO fordfun_mt@yahoo.com
    2008 Harley 105TH Anniv Softail Custom
    2006 Harley F-250 Black Long Box #01713 (03/07)
    winner of All Ford class LightningFest6 KC aug/08 -14.21
    (SOLD) 06 Harley F-350 Dk Tor Red Short box #00620 -14.82 2006 Lightning Fest KC---
    (SOLD) 05 Harley F-350 True Blue Short Box 6.0L #3134 -14.47 2005 Lightning Fest KC---
    (SOLD) 04 Harley F-250 W/6" Lift BLK/DSG #2980 -14.935 1/4 mile at Topeka 2004 Truckfest
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God, than in church thinking about my motorcycle. ~unknown~

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by HARLEY6LF250SDU
    (Here we go again! Stupid freak-en dealer) Please give me your info. VIN# Dealer Phone # and contact. I will get your Front caps and bed mat if you don't have them yet.

Randy 303 326-5792
    Now this is customer service beyond my wildest imagination and Randy is not even the "selling dealer" and he steps up

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No one is questioning whether Cyco-j's 04 Harley should have have the items in question, I got them with mine. There was no comment as such but with a HD serial number in the 1400's, this had to be born in December of 03. So the question is, was this a dealer trade, was it sitting on the lot for a year (maybe good by hub covers, same with the bedmat), if it is a new truck you have it coming and the only thing I'ld be concerned about is when. But if this was a used truck (which it didn't state), you may have to work a lot harder for the stuff. Did you get the HD/Ford commemorative license plate, did you get the HD leather owners manual cover? Hope your issues get solved quickly.
    04 F250 Harley diesel (pleasure)
    04 Expedition 5.4 (daily)
    01 Taurus (wifes)
    00 Excursion Limited V-10 (sold)
    00 Expedition Sport 5.4 (sold)
    98 Expedition XLT 5.4 (sold)

dezert-addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I did buy the truck brand new I just picked it up on 1-19-05, yes is was built in dec 03 and I don't know why it was sitting for a year but hey I got a great price on it with my x-plan. I spoke with my dealer on friday and they said they have the bed mat but they also said my truck is not supposed to have hub caps in the front because of the auto locking hubs??? hmmm they must not under stand AUTO LOCKING. so i was transferred to the parts dept where i spoke with a guy that was going to look into it for me and I haven't heard from him yet. therefore I assume i will get the matt but i am not sure about the hub caps.

so here is my vin 1ftnw21p94eb78087

the dealer is fritts ford in riverside ca 951 687 2121

the customer service rep that is "handeling" this for me is rebbecca hamilton

and thank you very much for your time I really do appriciate it

dezert-addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh and the comemorative licence plate was on the rear of the truck and the owners manual cover is not leather but it does say ford and harley davidson and it is kind of stamped in or embossed if you will. it is made of some fabric and it zips up all around.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mine is a Jan 04 build date, it is interesting because I had some problems with the 4x4 and had it repaired last week, works fine now. The dealer said there was a TSB (something like TSB 04-18-05)out on the hubs so they were both replaced and I believe a hole of some sort drilled into the axle as it wouldn't stay in 4 wheel drive. I argued politely with the service writer as he didn't think the HD's had the manual over ride hubs with the ESOF and my arguement was is that they are cleverly hidden behind the hub covers that say Harley Davidson on them, you know the ones that you are looking for. I was right, he was wrong, you are right, we are right, your dealer is wrong, you'll get them. If we need to get at the hubs we'll just have to pop the covers, we're smart enough to do that aren't we?

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cycojon, PM me your name and Phone #. I will call the Dealer and get this taken care of for you.
    (Thanks got your PM)
    Randy 303 326-5792