Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First mods, need help

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    skip the DVD player and go for the GO! my truck makes 410/510 hp/tq with all bolt-ons (less than $1000 in my case) and i have yet to loose to ANYTHING stock and most things modded! i pulled some Sti's pretty good and i was happy about that... believe me, once you see what your truck is capable of you will dump it all into the motor!!!

4 wheeled money pit...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stock truck to us=blank canvas to a great artist! (laughs hysterically)

Start with this little menu:
    • K&N panel filter, free air box mod--15 rwhp for $40.
    • 6 lb lower pulley. 4 is OK, 8 is OK--6 is just right.
    • JLP or PSP or RWTD Predator custom tune. No marks to void warranty, can adjust it some, can email tunes.
    • Oil seperator. Definitely (the folks who say no have never cleaned their intercooler cores).
    • Magnaflow catback. Not worth a lot of power... but the sound alone is worth it!
    • Boost gauge, wideband O2 meter and fuel pressure gauges... gotta know what is going on with your motor.
    • Factory Tech or LFP valve body... they both rock, and I am convinced they will save your tranny in the long run.

Good luck with whatever plan you follow!
    Sold--'02 HD, DSG, mods: more than yours...

'93 Silver/Black LX Coupe, mods: even more...

'05 GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab, Silver/Grey, AWD, 6 liter, moonroof, DVD, Rhinoliner, full tint... quiet, comfortable, and gets 17 mpg--running regular gas. It's no Harley, but I like it!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well various people will contest different things, I believe you can run up to 12psi on the eaton with a good tune and be able to drive the crap out of it. Once you go beyond that it is really pushing it.
    I would stick with a 5lb lower, airbox with chip from a reputable tuner, if I were only looking for a good "safe" hop-up.

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm happy with my 3# lower pulley and ran it for several months (and to a 13.86 @ 99mph on the factory 03 PCM) without so much as a hiccup. A 6# will more than likely go on for the summer months.

Factory Tech Valvebody
    L&S oil seperator. Don't mess with the others.
    A PCM flash device (Predator or SCT) with a conserative tune, perferably a dyno tune.

Many daily driven miles here. Reliability goes without question.

Bob

Harley-less Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Feary
    No way I don't want that, its all I can do to pay for the truck. Whats a SAFE amount of boost and a SAFE pulley to run? Then after that I will add a intake and custom tune and im done. I don't want something godly, just like to be able to beat those GT's Cobras, Lightnings things like that. Don't know what it will take to get there, I don't wanna spend a ton on it really, gonna add a lower grill to it then I am done.......(I hope) Maybe a flip out DVD player..............damn I better stop.
    There's no stopping now, the mod bug's got you!!! MUAHAHAHAH!!!!!

J/K man, welcome to the site... the bug bites hard
    2000 GTP Daytona 500
    Installed: PRJ Wires
    Upcoming: JimmyCv2.5 DP, Onstar Mirror, PEMs
    Boost Saves Lives!- Onebad02 from NHTOC

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Speedin Bob
    I'm happy with my 3# lower pulley and ran it for several months (and to a 13.86 @ 99mph on the factory 03 PCM) without so much as a hiccup. A 6# will more than likely go on for the summer months.

Factory Tech Valvebody
    L&S oil seperator. Don't mess with the others.
    A PCM flash device (Predator or SCT) with a conserative tune, perferably a dyno tune.

Many daily driven miles here. Reliability goes without question.

Bob

Sorry to revive an almost dead thread but I figured it was better than starting a new one First off I would like to start off with apollagizing for my endless line of questions I'm just really exsited to be back in the world of V8s and trucks

Anyways, I just bought a 03' HD super cap (with 27k on it) a few days ago and was surfing the net for info when I found this place. I keep comming up with an oil seperator as one of the mods to do, does anyone know of a link that will explain whats going on to cause the oil to do this? Also some kind of "how to install" thread? I'm trying to see if I'm machinically inclind enough to install one my self.

The next question is the Valve body, I'm guessing this is for the transmession? Is this some kind of manual valve body or just to improve shift points? Also, does anyone got a link on racing these trucks? I must admit, I've never really raced a colum shift auto before :blush: I'm just wondering if you leave in Drive or speed shift it basicaly.

Tuning... I understand this almost except the Dyno tune part? Is this where you dyno your truck to check for air fuel ratios? If so and your lean, does a hand held tuner allow you to adjust fuel mixture? I would rather use a hand held since I can return it to stock for warranty sake stuff.

Anyone know where I can find stuff like the stock pulley size and boost this truck came with? I'm trying to see how much boost I'm at before I haul off and start buying pulleys. I really just want something around 380-400rwhp for the time being.

Thanks for you help
    Ray

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Laugh One Stop Shopping

Welcome aboard, we can use all the paying member's we can get...

Oil separator how to and a link to one of our dealer's Vince for the pre-fabed separator , http://nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread....=oil+separator http://nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread....ght=sct+tuning

FTVB, this is the man to talk to and buy from Mike Madferraristi.. http://nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread....highlight=ftvb

Here are a couple of link's to James at RWTD for Diablo tuner's and tuning.. http://www.diablosporttuning.com/forums/ http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/fordgas.htm

Here is a link to a SCT tuning dealer , who yes is Vince who sell's the oil separator's also. http://nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread....ght=sct+tuning

Here is a link to PSP and Sal, one of the better tuner's of the SCT.. http://www.powersurgeperformance.net/index.php

Here is a link to find out your pulley verses boost issues and the Excel formula from Cayman... http://nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread....ighlight=excel

I myself have a 4# lower, a 2.93 Lightning upper, Idler Tensioner kit, Brisk Racing plugs, K&N FIPK Cold Air intake set up, Diablo Sport Tuner and a tune from James at RWTD.
    I hit the Dyno again this Friday and We shall see what the Girl has. I had Dynoed out at 366.70 RWHP and 451.20 TQ. with just a 4# lower and a tune, I have since added the rest of the goodies and will be doing the E-fan from LFP this month which should put me a little over 400 RWHP, I hope.
    And here is the answer to your next question you haven't asked yet, where do I get a E-fan and who to talk to Mark at LFP.
    http://www.lightningforceperformance...productID=1045
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alright, i admit to ignorance. What is an e- fan and why do you need one??
    hamr-2

Harley-less Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by MACKMORROWJR
    Alright, i admit to ignorance. What is an e- fan and why do you need one??
    E-fan is an electric radiator fan to replace the stock driven clutch fan. The reason for it is it cools better and frees up power since it takes away the parasitic drag off the engine. That fan and clutch weigh a lot. You can do a search for more info on it, there have been many threads discussing the benefits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2