Thread: someone please call motortrend

HP is a beautiful thing
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

someone please call motortrend

Someone needs to go on Trucktrend/motortrend and blow the pants off of this Dodge.http://motortrend.com/av/112_0501_dodgehennessey_vid/
    2003 HD 6LB Pred. Intake, FTVB, thank you MRBO

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i'd say that is moving along prettttty good....especially seeing as how there are kits out there to make them run this fast for the considerably short amount of time they have been out. Heck, it took the lightning what...3 years to get into the 10's???

...and yes, before someone says it, i know what they cost...haha.

**** starter
    Name: Jon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    still sounds like crap - 10#s of boost?? - the needle pegged past 12. stock clutch wont handle anymore 4500 rpm drops. and did anyone catch the s10 in the other lane whippin the dodges behind??

jpanchalk
    Name:

I noticed those inconsistencies as well. Wonder if Motor Trend is in bed with Dodge or Hennesy in some way?

HP is a beautiful thing
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Peterson Publishing is the parent co. I bet they got paid really well or are sleeping with one of the two. Not literally :O)

THA MAC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 4CFED
    still sounds like crap - 10#s of boost?? - the needle pegged past 12. stock clutch wont handle anymore 4500 rpm drops. and did anyone catch the s10 in the other lane whippin the dodges behind??
    You have to realize that when you have twin turbos boost numbers are a little different. I know 10lbs is 10 lbs but at twice the volume of air much like a bigger supercharger (KB,and Whipple's are both bigger than our eaton. This is in part why they make more power at the same boost levels.) But just my 2 cents!! But with 800 hp on tap I would have expected better.
    Kevin Haydock

02 HD Black--397hp-517tq
    Mods:Predator,C&L inlet pipe, Straight Shot 95mm MAF, 6lb pulley, 160 thermostat, Accufab TB, FTVB w/4x4 pan, Magnaflow Cat-Back.BELL-TECH 3/4 or 5 on a HD PER BELL-TECH
    BEST E.T. to date 8.428@83.814mph.1/8
    13.300@102.48 1/4

1993 Cobra #526
    347 Dart block, AFR 205 heads, BIG solid roller, Victor intake, Demon Carb, Pro fogger NOS, C4 auto. 10 pt. cage, all stock interior not a gutted race car.
    Best E.T. to date
    actual time to come, but Built for 5.90 index class

Procharged
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If i dropped the money to turbo charge an already 500 horsepower truck i would be expecting more then 800 out of it. But then again it is still a dodge cant really get to high with expectations.
    Daily driver: 2001 Mustang Cobra- Eibach suspension, Tokico struts, Maximum motorsports full length subframes, 4.10 gears, MGW short throw shifter, JLT cold air intake, Bassani X-pipe, Bassani Catbak, full sound system

Project ride: 2000 Harley truck- Belltech 4/6 drop, custom 5 point rollcage, ATI procharged, custom built (billet) blower bracket, polished P1SC, custom built kooks longtubes, custom built 3in Xpipe, black MB motoring 22's, 42# fuel injectors, 90mm MAF, 255lph intank pump, 3.73 gears, built tranny w/ PI stall, full show sound system

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't know if it is just the speakers on my work laptop or what, but why did it sound like crap? I thought I was hearing a diesel. Maybe i just need to see it at home with better speakers?

BTW, 54triton I think race related put out a twin turbo Harley that was in the 10s just months after the '02 was released. Not sure how long it took the L, but I don't understand why it would have taken 3 years if that is true. I think JL has his in the 9s.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think thats just the sound of the V-10, I had the regular V-10and it sounded similar - just not the same as a strong V8 IMHO.
    Lots a money spent to get that time though I'm sure.
    CTK

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cpharley

It took all the tuners about 3 years to get into the 9's since their introduction in 99'. I believe it was in 01' when it all started going down...now days, its not much to have an 11 sec. lightning....and 10 sec lightnings are becoming pretty familar.

money wise, heck yea it's cheaper to buy a new lightning and build the crap out of it.
    2003 Two-Tone Harley Davidson #9192