Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brake Pads?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brake Pads?

The brake pads on my 2002 HD put out quite a bit of dust. I was thinking on changing them (not sure how many miles you get off stock brakes, truck has 40,000 on it now) to something different, both to make sure I have new brakes, and to get some that put out less dust. What kind of brakes does everyone like?

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still have FOMOCO pads on mine, I dont think that they put out much dust. I will be looking to put on new pads when I put on my new slotted and dimpled rotors in March.

What timing

**** starter
    Name: Jon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i have the hawk superduty compound on my fronts, the hps compound on the rears, with powerslot rotors, and not much dust at all.

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alot here, or so i've noticed talk about PowerSlot rotors and Hawk Performance brake pads.

'03 iN tHE cLOSET
    Name: J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 4CFED
    i have the hawk superduty compound on my fronts, the hps compound on the rears, with powerslot rotors, and not much dust at all.
    Looking to buy Hawk pads to go with my rotorpros slots and dimples, why the superduty fronts?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ruslow slotted/dimpled rotors ($450 a set of 4) 1/2 price shiping for NHOTC memebers thru stan.... Performance friction Z-rated pads... ZERO dust...

my factory pads were the worst dusting pad I have ever had on a vehicle. My wife's '04 Mountaineer being a very close tie.... pads & rotors going on her's when the 20" rims & tires arrive..

Hawk or Performance friction. Performance Friction you can get at Advance, Auto Zone, Checker/Kragen, Pep Boys most any where.

Rob W

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ruslow rotors, Napa Ceramix pads no trouble.

'03 iN tHE cLOSET

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by HOGSTYL
    Looking to buy Hawk pads to go with my rotorpros slots and dimples, why the superduty fronts?

**** starter
    Name: Jon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by HOGSTYL
    from what i understood after talking with a hawk rep - the superduty pad compound is a beefed up version of the hps compound, specifically designed for trucks and suvs. you still get the same bite, but more life out of the pad - - my first set of hawks i had the hps' all the way around, and the fronts only lasted me 25K, while i still had 15-20K left on the rear pads. i figured i try this route and see what happens.
    garage: a big block, a diesel, and a german.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stan @ Ruslow spent about an 1 1/2 on the phone with me a while back all about brake pads...

Hawks will give the best sheer, at the limit performance & minimal dust. Perf Friction will give slightly better pad life virtually no dust (I can attest to this) & only slightly less perfomance than the hawks...

the Ceramics he was concerned about cold weather performance until warmed up... if you are in a cold or cyclitic climate (like St. Louis -5 one day, 45 the next in February) you have to plan for Ceramix to warm up to get best bite... thus longer stopping distances until warm...

I have performance Frictions in every vehicle I own significant improvement in stopping & far less to zero dust... if that means anything.

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I live in Florida, so we do not have much cold stopping. What I am concerned about is no brake dust, I have huge 23" chrome rims and it seems like I have to clean them once every three days or so. Also, if you dont clean it immediately, it will eat the chrome on the rims. Thus, givin where I live, what will give me the least brake dust, the ceramic pads or the performance friction. Also, where do I get ceramic pads? I assume from above I can get the performance friction z pads at Autozone or DAP?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Autozone for the Perfo. Friction std or Z pads... for your truck with the 23" rollers... I'd be looking at Ruslow's Rotors & either PF pad they had in stock... OR

www.ruslow.com let stan know what you got, he will reply & tell you the hot set up... you cannot beat the product, quality or price from stan....

I used to have brake dust on my rims within a 1/2 day of having the truck washed... with the PF pads... not any more... none...

Rob W

'03 iN tHE cLOSET

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanx Maybe some Perfs. to go with my GB Rotorpros

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    me 2 HOGSTYL

'03 iN tHE cLOSET

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How about a lil' caliper paint too, to match the painted rotors!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast