Thread: I purchased my first mod kit

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I purchased my first mod kit

I bought a mod kit from jdm which includes a chip 6# lower and plugs and an air filter that is claimed to be better than a k&n. Any feedback on jdm would be appreciated. I would like to know if anyone has mods from them. Thanks

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JDM is a very respected company to harley/lightning owners as they were kind of the original aftermarket parts supplier and still are the biggest. it sounds like you have everything you need to be haulin, let us know if you need any info on installing, weve all done it. happy modding!

HP is a beautiful thing
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i hear that their ram air is great. But many posts show a rubbing prblm w/ the hood. if i could see an honest base line vs a jdm intake on a stock vehicle id be sold. but there are lots of opinions and variables.

stock vehicle should be in bold.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think you are talking about JLP. i have the JLP ram air

Capo Regime
    Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    JLP a good ram air set up but make sure you get as tune for your 6# er...
    Rich

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so far so good... ignore/forget the Boost_bypass & TB mods in stage II.... go for a Factort\y Tech Valve Body (FTVB) &/or the exhaust cat-back of your choice....

Oh & just for reference: JDM is in New Jersey... Are you in Jersey or New York/Maryland? if Not.. then the tune is worth about as much as the letters typed on this Forum Screen... again, not to knock JDM but New Jersey is a far cry from where ever you maybe (since that is not filled out in your profile)... there is not a single tuner ANYWHERE in the Galaxy that can tune outside their own dyno cell...

Think about it... how can a New Jersey Tune work in Minnesota? Haiwaii? the U.K? Even Boston/Hamptons? it is NOT possible... there is not a base line, no "funde****** tune" that can take care of gas quality/variance, air/smog quality, or even Altitude...

the only safe, correct, & truely ,maximized tune is the tune performed, adjusted, tweaked & finalized in REAL TIME on a dyno in YOUR location....

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh & what spark plug upgrade did you decide on?

ROb W

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by harleytruck9144
    JDM is a very respected company to harley/lightning owners

Who knew?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you are such as Biotch..... LOL call me tomorrow!

ROb W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I live in Florida. So basically youre saying I threw away money on this mod kit since they are in jersey?

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Originally posted by Wildmann
    I live in Florida. So basically youre saying I threw away money on this mod kit since they are in jersey?
    That's not what he's saying. It's just safer for a programmer to be tuning the vehicle in the same town. There's no 100% safe way to do it via mail order.

Get her on a dyno and let us know what she does!

And welcome to the site!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Good to see Molly and Suzi are still hangin' out!
    aka LeeRandall - NHTOC #25

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would have gone with Torrie or REm since they are both in Florida. I also would never chip anything. Flash tuners like SCT of Predator are the only way to go. PM me if you need a hand. I'm free and can help you out

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by harleytruck9144
    JDM is a very respected company to harley/lightning owners as they were kind of the original aftermarket parts supplier and still are the biggest. it sounds like you have everything you need to be haulin, let us know if you need any info on installing, weve all done it. happy modding!
    Well respected by some and has a devoted following, others wouldn't let them lay so much as a finger on their vehicle for various reasons. Each vendor (with a couple of exceptions) has had the same scenario also so this isn't meant as a 'Bob's launching mortars at JDM again thread.'

JDM wasn't an original aftermarket supplier. Sal and JLP were there early on as was LFP then Jim jumped into the fray.

As for business size, it is pretty safe to say the vendors don't compare annual revenues.

Bob

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks Dermaestro...

I ahve screamed about this till I am red/blue/yellow on my face....

there is NO WAY, no HOW that a tuner in Jersey can properly tune for a truck in Florida, Hawaii, Minnesota, or the Cayman Islands, of which we have active members on this forum. It is not a challenge, kick, or slap to thier tuning capabilities, its about reality... altitude, temperature shift, humidity, fuel quality, Barometric pressure shifts, heck good old fashioned human error.... how many times are willing to send back your tuner/chip with 2-5 days of down time because the tune isn't right?

The ONLY way is REAL TIME on a dyno... Period. there is not arguement, there is not "but if"... A tuner cannot accomodate for anything other than his/her own reality/conditions. PERIOD.

As fr bigger, better, more recognized... who gives a rat's butt... Mark @ LFP is a great vendor.. I have heard nothing but rave reviews of Sal... but its all a moot point... WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

Find a LOCAL Dyno, have them source the device they are comfortable with & make real time HP...

End of story

Rob W