Thread: Help!! went from it20's to brisk15's now Detonation

Cam Slammin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry Help!! went from it20's to brisk15's now Detonation

here's the problem my dad has a 99L with these mods ( ported blower & plenum, TB, 2lb lower, e-fan, full exhaust, afco he, rwtd tune, 90mm mass air...etc ) he was running the it20's and had no problems. the truck was up for a plug change so he decided to go with the brisk in the same heat range as the denso's. I think the number was 15 or 17. one was my plug box and the other was his. Well with the new brisk in the truck run's great smooth at idle great throttle response seems to have gained more power but under hard acceleration of load you can hear detonation. So I'm stumped, could a hotter plug cause this problem?

It has also been cold around here could the weather be causing the problem?

My main concern is that I saw a post on the nloc with a whole list of people lossing their engines with these plugs please help and advise me on the safest way to Alleviate this problem?

One thought I had was to use the predator to take out some timing so if it is the temp I could adjust.

thanks for the help!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You may want to take out a deg. Cold weather = Dense air. I run the Brisk Racing's with a 4# lower, 2.93 upper, K&N FIPK Cold air and RWTD tune. Timing is at 16, A/F 12.1, Altitude 1128 ft. I would recommend a Dyno tune or RWTD and or another good tuner, beat's the S**t out a vented block. RWTD is doing Dyno tunes in Birmingham Al. in Feb. on the 26-27, $200.00
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How can I find out about the dyno tunes being done by rwtd on those days Dbl g?

HP is a beautiful thing
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ramseys in fl at the same alt as you has dyno sessions at 100 per hour, and the say that an hour is all you need.

drive to tampa and ill buy you beer and some wings, I havent gone to ramseys but im on my way soon but the offer still stands.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

http://www.diablosporttuning.com/for...ead.php?t=1625

Feb. 26-27 Dyno Days info for RWTD

Cam Slammin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks Dbl G for the dyno updates, James has already dyno tuned both my dads L and my dsg HD. the problem only occured when we went from the denso's to the brisk. I can't put the full blame on the brisk b/c we have had a couple of real cold days around here and thats when the problem came and the plugs were change. I have the brisk in my truck with a 6lb lower and no problems. SO I'M Stumped ???

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Add fuel add put some timing back into it. The warmer plug could be the problem. That why the Predator is so good. You can tweak it for the weather conditions from the dead cold to scorching heat. We ave 90+ in Tampa for the sumer and we have been seeing sub 30-40 degree weather at night here. That is a huge diff when it comes to tuning on these HP vehicles. The only way to combat it without a tuner is to put a real conservative hot weather tune on it so the cold will only lean it out enough to see a nice perf gain. I say 11.8-12/1 is safe unless your at the track with high octane fuel. Then 12.3-12-5 and 16-17 degrees of timing is OK with a good tune

Cam Slammin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks mrblueoval, I going to try playing a couple of the setting today. I amount to take the truck out and play a little b/c its warm and I want to see if it was all a cold weather thing.