Thread: Motor Craft 5W20 oil

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Motor Craft 5W20 oil

This info will apply to some.
    Walmart is no longer able to carry MotorCraft oil. Seems Ford Motor Company didn't like the fact that Walmart was selling the oil for less and under cutting the dealerships on price. WalMart was selling all MotorCraft oil for $1.42 a qt while the dealerships are selling a qt for over $2.50. Not sure exactly how much the dealership charges but I do remember it was somewhere in the $2.50-$3 range when I first looked into it.
    Tazz

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tazz, Autozone, Advance Auto & most Checker/Kragen's carry it... I have found it iccasionally @ pep Boys... I now have 3 vehicles that all use it. The HD, the Mountaineer, & the Contour SVT.

ROb W

HP is a beautiful thing
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oto zone rocks, got my kn for 38 bucks and the lube for 1.19

florida is cheaper and has better weather.

but,

it is hotter in gainesville than tampa in the summer because of the blessed sea breeze!!!

I lived in gville for many years gettin my doctorate

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wallmart sucks the life out of everything it touches. I just pull up to my local dealer for LOF, and i'm out the door 20 mins. later for $22.00.

Got JESUS?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who cares about MotorCraft oil?

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea Amsoil boyeeeeeee

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't really care about MC either but that wasn't the point Sud's.
    The point I was trying to get across is that Ford cut off suppling WM for lowing there cost. Around here WM was the cheapest. Auto zone and the rest of those places sell MC but at a bit higher cost. Somewhere around $2-2.25 at qt .80 a qt difference unless on special. If Ford pulled the plug on Wal they could possibly start enforcing stronger pricing guidelines for auto place like the Zone and you could start seeing higher prices per qt. If it comes to that then anyone who uses MC will need to make a choice to maybe go with a Syn oil like plenty of us have already done. Don't get me wrong Im all for Syn oil over Dyno oil. This post was for those who use MC and were getting it at WM for the low cost vs getting Syn oil for a greater price. Now that price diff gap has closed. I can get Amsoil for $3.85qt vs MC for $2.25qt. In my opinion it's just better for me to pay the extra $1.50 ish for the extra protection of a Syn oil.
    Tazz

Got JESUS?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know what your point was, I was just making an "off the cuff" remark about MC oil, not starting a "dino vs syn" or "Amsoil vs. Any Oil Co." product. I was merely stating that there are better oils out there than the MC blend. If that's why MC cut off Wal-Mart, then that's their prerogative, the company line must be toed first and foremost.

It was not my intention to start any kind of argument and I'm sorry if it appeared that way.

I'm also an "all Amsoil" guy, but I also know other people have their own preferences which is why I didn't chime in with my typical "Amsoil here" comment.

All's cool.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In all my vehicles until the warranty is up, I have run the Motorcraft... since I do all my own oil changes.. its a mind game for myself I guess. At least its a semi-synthetic...

As for "better oils out there" until you go to full synthetic like luca, amisol, Royal Purple, Mobil one, or Redline, they are all equal. I personally don't use Havoline, Penzoil, etc Pennsylvania derived oils.... The '88 Turbo Tracer is on break in oil right now & since I havea stash of MC... that's what went in...

I use Mobil 1 in all the mustangs for oil & use redline in all the other fluid fills.

Rob W.

Ford Guy
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Walmart also will not carry Motorcraft Filters either. Stock up while they still have them.
    Mark
    02 DSG
    03 Mach1
    88 LX
    69 CJ