Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ford paint codes needed: '03 silver lower & '03-04 Lightning SOnic Blue ASAP

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ford paint codes needed: '03 silver lower & '03-04 Lightning SOnic Blue ASAP

Hey all...

I won't let the cat out of the bag yet.... BUT I need the official lower paint code for the '03 tu-tone lower Silver color code & I also need the late '03-'04 Lightning SOnic Blue color code as well.

Anyone with these colors please take 2 seconds and post off their door jam PLEASE????!!!???

Rob W

Harley-less Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Ford paint codes needed: '03 silver lower & '03-04 Lightning SOnic Blue ASAP

Originally posted by 2002GreyHD150
    Hey all...

I won't let the cat out of the bag yet.... BUT I need the official lower paint code for the '03 tu-tone lower Silver color code & I also need the late '03-'04 Lightning SOnic Blue color code as well.

Anyone with these colors please take 2 seconds and post off their door jam PLEASE????!!!???

Rob W
    That's wrong Rob... just plain wrong... with the ideas you get sometimes, I know I can't be the only one thinking "tell already!!" lol I'm sure whatever it is though, it'll probably be pretty sweet. Possibly a custom paint job with those two colors?? Anyone photochop that??
    2000 GTP Daytona 500
    Installed: PRJ Wires
    Upcoming: JimmyCv2.5 DP, Onstar Mirror, PEMs
    Boost Saves Lives!- Onebad02 from NHTOC

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not tellin'

All I can say is the truck is not in my possesion for the first time in 80,000 + miles & no one will recognize it when its done.... well except for the fact I have the only cool HD with a topper/camper shell... LOL

Rob W

THA MAC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I will try to find the Blue one. I just had my wifes Honda Accord painted two tone. Flaminco Black Pearl (factory honda) and Sonic Blue Pearl (Ford) Black on all top surfaces and blue the rest. It is absolutely beautiful. Both colors have the same pearls so when you look at it from the side it looks the same color (black) then lean to the side and bammmm it hits you like a brick. But Blue over silver would be awesome. Hurry so we can see!

Breakin The Law
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The code for the silver is YN.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

found this @ NLOC

True blue- L2
    Sonic blue- SN
    Dark shadow grey- CX
    Black- UA
    Silver- Z3
    White- YZ
    Red- E4 or F1

Now please do tell us about your secret project!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All I am going to say is that I have to get the holes for the fender flares welded shut & finshed on the bed for the Air Ride to clear my 295/45's. I got new front S-Crew fenders from Ford for the front w/o flare holes....

So with body work being done & paint work required, my lovely bride has rewarded my hard 3 weesk worth of remodeling the house getting it ready to selll by giving me the green light to more than just paint it back all DSG.....

So.... in just 2 short weeks the truck will be completely different... It goes in under the knife Tuesday morning.

Thanks for the paint codes.

I promise pics as all the work is in progress.

Rob W

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What type of 295/45/20s you running 02Grey? How is the footprint? How much taller is the tire on the stock rim?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this set is the Hankook's & had the Kumho;s before.. love both brands... highly recommended.

they are roughly .20 taller than stock... work great.
    EDIT: I don't know where my head was.. I ran the calculator the 295's are .72" taller

Rob W

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How much wider? I am looking to get some new tires after the wedding along with some new wheels (same specs) and want a little more meat hanging out beyond the wheel and about the same tire height.

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn, just two weeks time?

Wish i could just drop my truck off, and sign the check.

Cant wait to see her Rob!

btw - you can email me pics of those "things" before its all painted up, and ill keep your project/pictures on the hush.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok stock is 275/45 which are 29.9" unloaded diameter & approx 11" overall width

the 295/45's are 30.62" overall unloaded diameter so .72 taller... sorry I was goin off memory earlier. & they are approx 11.8" wide.

305/40's are 29.76 or .14" shorter & are 12.2" wide

Kriss... I do all my own paint work usually, but this time, with the move to Dallas, the new baby on the way, & everything else, I have the window of opportunity.. I am cashing the check.. LOL

I found inspiration from a particular truck featured in a magazine & I am goin for it.... & I will be adding some interior stuff as time allows after the move.... the main part of the project will be done by the end of this month, the majority of the truck will be ready for sure @ L-HD Fest!

Rob W

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Grey, exactly what I was looking for, sorry to kinda of hijack this thread, but that is the best info that I have gotten so far.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no problem..... the equation is easy....

take the size (275, 295,305 etc) X .04 to convert to inches... then X the aspect ratio (.40 , .45 , .50) X 2 + wheel diam =overall tire diameter unloaded.... example:

275/45/20:

275 X .04 = 11 X .45 =4.95 X 2 = 9.9 + 20 (wheel diam) = 29.9

the X2 messes with most people.. this is the amount of tire above & below the rim... thus there is (2) parts..

Rob W

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now that is even better, I never could even get an answer like that at the tire shops. Most guys don't even know this, all they could tell me was that this would tire would be a little wider or a little taller, well no shat, thanks alot morons!

Appreciate the help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast