Thread: Help please!!! Truck not sitting right

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Help please!!! Truck not sitting right

I hit a curb about 2 ago on the left sidebecause of some idiot coming at me head on. I bent both my rims. My truck is sitting slightly lower in the front left and sitting a little higher in the right a$$ end. And the truck is driffting to the left a little bit. But the truck dose not ride that bad. Just drifts. Do you think i need new shocks. And an allingment. Because if i need new shocks i was going to order my lowering kit. thanks please let me know what you think
    2.80 upper , Preditor tuner, snugtop, belltech 2-3, lightning rims powder coated dsg, mak intake, magnaflow catback exhaust, boost, air/fuel, oil pressure, ultralite silver, 3 pillar pod,
    clarion,metco/LFP idler, nittos 555R, lightning 3rd

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If it is "sitting" such that it is noticably "****-eyed", then you probably bent/broke something other than just a shock. I'd get it into a tire/wheel/suspension/front-end alignment shop and have a real close inspection done while it is in the air.
    aka LeeRandall - NHTOC #25

Got JESUS?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Most trucks don't measure the same from side to side to start with.

If it's drifting, it needs an alignment. It's also possible you bent more than a couple of rims.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have alignment checked and make sure you didn't slide the rear axle when ya hit the curb.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lower & upper control arm, ball joint, shock, & sway bar could all have been affected if you bent both rims...

also out back, axle, rotor, leaf spring, hanger & shackle... lots of damamge potential... those parts aren't designed for sode loaded... harsh impact... up down, front rear even is hard on them..

get it on a frame machine & let them measure it properly... you are going to want to call the insurance company first... this is gonna be expensive & time comsuming....

ROb W